Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Which Saddlebag

4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  aVOL2 
#1 ·
There are just too many choices... Which one or none do you all like. I kind of like the top one better and not just because it is cheaper. The bottom one is made for the C50. Both are Viking Bags. Are Viking any good?
The bottom larger set is $299, the top set only $89

See less See more
#3 ·
I would go with the Suzuki bags between those two. The top ones look small.

#4 ·
Drifter T slant saddlemans. X Jumbo. very nice material just got them and installed them over the weekend. The size is just right. I don't do any cross country riding just locally and the room in the bags is more than enough. Another reason why I like them is because of the symetry it has with the rear fender. It doesn't stick out back and it looks great. At $158 (phatperformanceparts.com) it's a great deal. you should also consider looking into the Ghost brackets.....excellent for any saddlebags.
Good luck

#6 ·
Tsukayu leather strong or non leather strong , Note: NOT cheap.

#7 ·
Was originally thinking about the Ameritex Futura bags, lots of good feedback from members here

Went with these from Capt Cruiser (Jay) at Cycle Sports Leather. Good feedback as well, still happy with them for the most part. Have to stiffen them up, I have a tendency to pack them too heavy and now they sag a bit after hardmounting them.

#8 ·
until I get my Tsukayu mounted I bought those same bags from the capt. w/o the studs but he got me the eagles for me.

#12 ·
Boxwrench said:
I put a newer set of the non-leather Tsukayu bags on Ms Bebops bike. Nice fiberglass hardbags that get many compliments and have a lot of storage. I found an old set that needs a little work and then they are going on mine.

Cheers!

#13 ·
Boxwrench said:
I ordered some Champion Patriot Sport hard bags - they are even more "NOT cheap" than the Tsukayu's :shock: :lol: VERY nice bags though.

#14 ·
LkwdC50B said:
Was originally thinking about the Ameritex Futura bags, lots of good feedback from members here

Went with these from Capt Cruiser (Jay) at Cycle Sports Leather. Good feedback as well, still happy with them for the most part. Have to stiffen them up, I have a tendency to pack them too heavy and now they sag a bit after hardmounting them.
We have a set of the Futuras. They are inexpensive and a decent bag. One thing to be aware of is how they measure, which is from the top front to the bottom rear, so what they call a 21" bag is really about 16". At that size they are pretty narrow and only 11" deep.

We recently put a pair of the xx jumbo Saddlemen bags on with ez brackets. LOTS of room, and pretty stable even though they are so big.

#15 ·
Cycle Sports Leather

that bottom set from Cycle Sports Leather your showing looks nice.. I see they come without the studs. Only thing is then i have to buy brackets. The vikings come with brackets......although i actually wanted the easy bracket so i could take them off.........more decisions :(

#16 ·
Re: Cycle Sports Leather

cedman said:
that bottom set from Cycle Sports Leather your showing looks nice.. I see they come without the studs. Only thing is then i have to buy brackets. The vikings come with brackets......although i actually wanted the easy bracket so i could take them off.........more decisions :(
Send a PM to Jay (Capt Cruiser/cycle sports leather) for his brackets (http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=70607), and he also make a really slick setup to hard mount his bags (just sold though), but I'd bet another setup could be made pretty easily.

#24 ·
I really like those Ameritex Futura bags! what size are those and is it cool that they are sitting that close to the pipes? wouldn't they melt or burn?

LkwdC50B said:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.