Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished my mods for the summer. What do you guys think looks better the rear fender bag or the reflectors? Thanks for your help.

etter. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/BoulevardRider63/IMG_0542.jpg[/img]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,446 Posts
I like the reflectors.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,830 Posts
v0lusia said:
I like the reflectors.....
+1. Personally, I just think a bag looks goofy on the fender. Maybe it's just me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,595 Posts
I like the reflectors more than the bag. Since you have the "cleaned-up" look on the back with no turnsignals, no license plate, the bag just goes against the clean up look. Of course I would rather just get two caps from Ace Hardware, sand them and paint them the same as the fender so it would look even cleaner than two reflectors.

But remember, this is IMHO. And you must do it the way you want or it ain't your bike anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
I have never been a fan of the reflector look...but on your bike it looks kinda cool. The bag isnt bad either...I had a similar setup before I layed down my plate. That being said...without saddlebags the usefulness of the bag IMO puts if just over the reflector.

The bike looks whicked good either way. I am amazed by the difference in ride and obviously looks that the flamed boards make. I love mine, but they look especially good on your bike with all that black and chrome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
Your bike looks great overall!

Mort said:
Since you have the "cleaned-up" look on the back with no turnsignals, no license plate, the bag just goes against the clean up look. Of course I would rather just get two caps from Ace Hardware, sand them and paint them the same as the fender so it would look even cleaner than two reflectors
I concur, the reflectors don't really add anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,142 Posts
Bag vs. reflectors...

Reflectors. The bag looks like a package that is sliding off the seat.

Either way you go it's a great looking ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,342 Posts
:shock: ok...i give. i looked & looked, and don't even see your rear blinkers. where u hidin' them?

but anywho.... go with the painted flat plugs.... OR wire in some LED circles to act as either running/brake lights or another set of 'blinkers'...or both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blinkers

The blinkers are integrated with the taillight. They are LED's with built-in blinkers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,595 Posts
wehrd1 said:
:shock: ok...i give. i looked & looked, and don't even see your rear blinkers. where u hidin' them?

but anywho.... go with the painted flat plugs.... OR wire in some LED circles to act as either running/brake lights or another set of 'blinkers'...or both.
The taillight looks like one of those expensive Clearalternatives with the built-in yellow arrows combination.

Just dreamin, wouldn't the taillight look really great when you take off the turnsignals like he did and not have the bottom part of the taillight assembly? I wonder if an HD taillight would work, since it would look like an HD taillight, and still cover all the holes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,853 Posts
I can't decide either..good luck with that! LOL!

IF it were me...I would put the reflectors on the back and attach the bag to the risers when I needed to carry stuff ( I have that bag and you can put quite a bit in there)

Love the bike..it looks great!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,342 Posts
Re: Blinkers

BWilson said:
The blinkers are integrated with the taillight. They are LED's with builtin blinkers.
okey dokey then. looked stock, like the OEM lunch box light bucket. didn't even know they made LED light pads to install in them. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
nice ride!

What a clean looking bike! Possibly the best looking c50 I've seen. Good Job! :applause:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts
The bag is pretty cool, very orignial. Refectors look chinzty Nice looking scoot there bub.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top