Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering in anyone out there knows which size Allen wrench is needed to remove the passenger footpegs??

Waiting on my Blvd floorboards to arrive.... Any input appreciated as I don't think I have an Allen wrench that size layin around... :roll:

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
I did a look-see thru the Clymer's manual & didn't find where it gave the size ~ just a torque spec. :?

wait ?? allen heads on your pegs??? ,mine had regular bolts that I used a socket to remove them when I did the Passenger peg swap

check out that post ~ it may help you with removal, if no one else knows about allen wrench size ... :wink:

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
Valleyrider said:
which size Allen wrench is needed to remove the passenger footpegs??

:roll:
The one that fits snuggly in the hole

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Do you have a tool kit that came with the bike? there is one in there for it. If not go to Autozone and ask to try one of those metric jack knife type allen wrench tools that has about 8 metric wrenches on it, go to your bike and see which one fits. Tell them you don't want to buy it if it doesn't have the right size for your project. Of course one will fit, but you go back and say, none of them fit. then go tp Ace and buy just the size you need.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Mine had hex bolts and I thought that was standard for all years.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
^^ mine has a regular bolt on the bottom and a bolt that requires the 5mm allen wrench on the top.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:applause: Ok, so I leaped before I looked. Yes the original pegs have Hex-nuts... I guess I never really looked at the mounting bolts that well. My assumption was that the replacement floor boards use Allen wrench's so the pegs must be too... " WRONG!". I guess this is when an 'assumption' only made an ass-out of me and not anyone else..

The replies were appreciated though, glad you fellas straightened me out.
:brick:

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
:lol: :lol: well ... the picture I was looking at had the closest allen head bolt being the forward fender strut ~ so I was thinking you were trying to remove that to get the pass. pegs off ... :shock:

glad ya figured it out ... :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^ mine has a regular bolt on the bottom and a bolt that requires the 5mm allen wrench on the top.
It's as bad as the damned fender/sissy bar bolts up under the fender; one has a nut that you have to hold, on each side, and the other screws into the frame. PITA with the fender in place. 12mm hex bolts for the rear foot pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts