Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 2.5" American Straights are installed, I need to start looking for the exhaust tips.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,
Daryl

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know they sell the actual HK tips in the dennis kirk catalog. They have a nice website you can check out and a free catalog for metric cruisers that is pretty big.

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
I think I got mine from cruisercustomizing.com

·
Registered
32 Posts
ecks said:
I think I got mine from cruisercustomizing.com
They might have a better price than kirk too so I would also check there. At dennis kirk I believe you get free shipping if you spend over $100 or something like that, but sometimes their prices are higher than like oneida suzuki.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm going to be in the market for a new chrome tip for my HK 3" Big Straights. After lowering the rear 2.5" I scraped the lower cap a few times which caused the chrome to peel off. Average price I've seen a replacement straight end cap is around $55.

I'm tempted to leave it on there because I know I'm just going to scratch it more :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone who sells HK pipes should have the tips. I think you can also order them direct from HK. Ulysses is right though, DK is a little higher than everyone else.

I've got mine lowered 3" with the 3" big straights. My lower tip is trash, but I'm with mondain. I ride the bike, so they'll just get worse. No sense spending the dough until it needs them. I think the tips are just there to keep us from caving in the ends of the pipes.

Like anything else, once the chrome is gone; paint 'em black!!!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well please correct me if I am wrong on this ....But if ya got the 2.5 american staight's ...welll your not gonna find tip's for them Hk does'nt offer tips for the pipes I was bummed when they told me this . :cry: I have the the 2.5's !!

Hmmm just chk'd thier site now they say theyare availible what give's with these guy's....

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'll be.... just went to cruisercustomizing and they have some now for the Classic's they staight end caps's and one's that are tappered!!! Sweet :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just found out that as long as you can prove somebody else's price, by a link to their site or whatever, then Dennis Kirk will beat their price by a $1. Just a FYI cause kirk has awesome customer service and shipping is very fast.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone; I got them! I went with the straight cuts for my 2.5" Stripper Straights. I will pick them up this morning once the shop opens. I ended up getting them from a local Harley shop. They were only a few dollars more than the internet, so I ponied-up in the name of supporting the local businesses and economy. Every little bit helps...

Thanks for all the replies and help! You all are the best!!! :applause:

Daryl

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Well I dont think he acuatly has the American classics in his last post he say's " for his 2.5 stripper's" so that would be why he did not get any tip's they do not come with them the classic's do . Also those are easier to get tip's for the Classic's as I said before are hard ...but look's as though now they camn be found I think I will be ordering a set of the tapperd one's I found somtime in the future but first is the tear down for paint in another week or so

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mondain98 said:
On a side note, didnt your HKs come with the straight exhaust tips? Mine did...
The HK American Straights do; the HK Stripper Straights do NOT. Man, did I screw up. For the $50 price difference (that I thought I was saving), I then had to go buy a set of hard tips for $60 each, or $120/set.

Ouch! Do your research thoroughly, Daryl.... do your research! :duh:

Daryl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts