Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's really quite impressive how much of a legacy the Volusia has. There is a wealth of knowledge here which I'm sure one day will be lost forever once the website inevitably ceases to exist. Almost every subforum has several million views and several hundred thousand topics/replies. It's quite impressive for a series of bikes that really are nothing ground breaking. There's not a question that hasn't been answered several times over if you run a search. The information stored here is priceless.
It's also quite surprising how dead the forum is now too though. I put that down largely to the fact that forums as a whole are just relics of the internets past, largely forgotten in favour of Facebook groups and Discord groups. As well as an inkling that maybe cruisers and perhaps motorbikes as a whole are slowly losing popularity over time.
I'm still a C50 rider and have no intention to sell. I did 150 miles today, nothing but faultless reliability. I don't come here much though.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Super Moderator
25,382 Posts
and you are not alone...at one time...long ago. I remember this forum being very lively/active...with lots of input from may members contributing...but like you stated many have either gone the fb route, have just moved on to some other outside interest or for the sake of argument have found this forum no longer informative or enjoyable and just don't log in anymore.

·
Super Moderator
32,937 Posts
The new generation is definitely leaning hard toward more sporty bikes. Harley is even having to admit it. Just look at the Livewire. I have a feeling us old timers will keep the site running for a while though.

Reactions: crawdad

·
Super Moderator
25,382 Posts
turning into a "Cheers" for some tho.......stop in, have a beer/coffee... share some laughs with some folks, maybe even learn a few things... or for that matter offer some helpful advice for those who need/want some opinions... I've been coming here since 2004 so its nice to see this forum has been here for at least 18 years...met alot of good folk here, also learned alot of helpful info.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I truly enjoy this forum, get to see a lot of others who share the same interest in the Suzuki brand. When I joined, I had just gotten my bike back on the road after a very long hibernation, glad to have found it, have seen a lot of topics, old and new, that I can use in my situations when they arise. Thanks for being there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
turning into a "Cheers" for some tho.......stop in, have a beer/coffee... share some laughs with some folks, maybe even learn a few things... or for that matter offer some helpful advice for those who need/want some opinions... I've been coming here since 2004 so its nice to see this forum has been here for at least 18 years...met alot of good folk here, also learned alot of helpful info.
"Norm!" LOL

·
Premium Member
4,141 Posts
I joined in 2007 before I got my bike. Learned a lot of very useful info about the Volusia & the C50. Been through a few bike since then & now don't ride. I come here for the friendship, a few laughs & once in a great while to impart some wisdom :D
The real reason I come here is for the Family 🧡

·
Super Moderator
4,854 Posts
We all have a back story or such for being here, I joined in 2005, year of my C50T, after a long hiatus of not riding...First as a solo rider getting back into MC, solely for one up riding which is a great dependable bike, reading lots of insights, information, mods, maintenance, rides and so on..... Endless experiences with awesome family-friends/members sharing them with me/you. By then my bride decided to be part of my MC experiences and loved it, but found ourselves needing more power Scotty... Sold my beloved Suzuki and found a great deal on a ElectraSlide, which I still ride today/73k+ miles to date.
I started to meet up with members locally and at my first Octvrfest in Ellioitscottville, NY. I was blown away of how awesome this forum really is...Simply genuine people.
It's not what you ride, it's that you ride... Which I found out then and to this day, people moved on with other rides, but still share all the same interests and a special camaraderie within, again simply genuine.
That is the reason I love this forum....Salute.
Nice bike Op. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
We all have a back story or such for being here, I joined in 2005, year of my C50T, after a long hiatus of not riding...First as a solo rider getting back into MC, solely for one up riding which is a great dependable bike, reading lots of insights, information, mods, maintenance, rides and so on..... Endless experiences with awesome family-friends/members sharing them with me/you. By then my bride decided to be part of my MC experiences and loved it, but found ourselves needing more power Scotty... Sold my beloved Suzuki and found a great deal on a ElectraSlide, which I still ride today/73k+ miles to date.
I started to meet up with members locally and at my first Octvrfest in Ellioitscottville, NY. I was blown away of how awesome this forum really is...Simply genuine people.
It's not what you ride, it's that you ride... Which I found out then and to this day, people moved on with other rides, but still share all the same interests and a special camaraderie within, again simply genuine.
That is the reason I love this forum....Salute.
Nice bike Op. Ride safe.
Can't say it any better! I've had two C50's and a Roadstar. I moved on to a FJR 1300 and it suits me better than a cruiser. Definitely like the Cruiser look, just don't get along with the riding position and the vibration. Ellicotville was probably my first OctVRfest. Mary and Mike were awesome organizers. The chocolate sponge toffee certainly was a treat as well. The VR people I've come to know are super and have enhanced my life many times over, than just going for solitary rides. Posts can be quite entertaining. Seems Beezer and DC have quite the friendly Hatfield and McCoys banter always spurs a laugh!

·
Super Moderator
9,530 Posts
When I joined, I didn't own a C50. My husband did, and he found this forum, and we were intrigued.

Attended our first-ever motorcycle rally via this group. It was the 2008 Yankee Rally, held in the Berkshires over in Massachusetts. I didn't know what to expect, especially since at the time I was riding a Suzuki Burgman 650 maxi-scooter. But nobody gave me crap about my ride. Everybody was welcoming.

That rally was one of the best experiences I've ever, ever had. In another 4 days, I will be attending my 14th consecutive Yankee Rally, and I can hardly wait. It's totally the people who make it awesome.

We've all owned and sold various motorcycles. Some members simply switched to other hobbies; some just drifted away and fell out of touch. We've lost members to illness and death. But we've also added members who are new to it all; we've had members marry one another and have kids ... in other words, the spectrum of life, via this forum.

Do the new varieties of social media siphon away members from this forum? Certainly. So do a lot of other factors, including (IMHO) Suzuki's lack of innovation on the C50. But nowhere else on the internet have I found the same camaraderie as what still exists here.

·
Super Moderator
9,530 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Suzuki is still using the same engine and transmission that it introduced with the Volusia 22 years ago. That kind of stagnation kind of limits the need for up to the minute knowledge of an antiquated design. Not to mention, most of the questions are being asked of third, fourth or even fifth and bikes by now and god only knows what the previous owners did to butcher the setup.

But i'm here for the comraderie. Like Doug, Chris, Dennis, Robyn David and Bob I met some genuinely wonderful people here over the years. They truly are family to me and that's why I stay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts