Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,821 Posts
Man I know it hurts.
For over a year I had a raw burning pain in the left side of my sternum. Pain could come and go lasting sometimes for 6 hours. I had ALL the major heart tests performed. Calcium test came back zero. Doctor said I had less than a 0.1 percent chance of a hear attack.

My confidence score went off the scale. My father died when I was 23 of heart related problems. He was a young 46. That nagging fact has been in the back of my mind since 1984. I stopped eating fried food 95% of the time. I have always tried to eat healthy meals.

Oh yea, Doctor said "lay off the mexican food". Worked!

Good luck Blinky.
I may have to move this comment to the daily laugh. :biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Dennis, my friend --

You don't know how glad I am that you are able to post this story yourself.

Remember that you have a lot of people here pulling for you to get better and stay better. Modern medicine can do an awful lot these days -- heck, it (thank the Good Lord) saved my 46-year-old stepson from cardiac arrest last fall -- and there are some very good aftercare protocols out there.

I understand your concern about the bike and the Rally, but both will be waiting for you when you are ready.

Take care of yourself, brother. You're in my prayers.

Fondly,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
23,821 Posts
You never know. One of my friends bought a Groupon for heart scans and had one done. They sent him immediately to the doctor and he had a triple bypass within 3 days of the scan. If he hadn't bought that Groupon he'd have likely been dead in a year. I used to laugh at him and his Groupons, never more.

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts
So sorry Blinky. Glad you made it, prayers for a full recovery and don't be a stranger. We don't require you to be a daily rider to be a daily visitor.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
glad you made it through

a little bit of info for the others out there
they can come at any age
mine was at 25 (blood clot related) 20 years ago this august

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My sincere appreciation for everyone's good wishes.

I think I have come to the conclusion that the current Gold Wing will need to go and I will be better served stepping down a class in weight. Now the fun begins reading and researching all the options. I am open to suggestions, not the least of which would be to return to a C50. The Kawasaki 900 and the various Honda 700 models come to mind.

Good hunting

21 - 30 of 30 Posts