Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Super Moderator
Awwww, that's so COOL!!

My "granddog," Rose, is a boxer/pittie mix. Really sweet temperment.

Just be aware that your pup will be strong. I suggest training to learn to walk with you & not drag you everywhere. And a chest harness for walking is preferable to a collar. Because SQUIRREL!! :D

Wishing you all the best with your new family member!

Registered
Awesome, congrats.. our girl is a rescue, mostly Staffordshire, with some unknown. Second on the harness, best thing ever, with no yanking on the neck. Also, chew toys, we keep ours supplied with chew toys and she leaves our stuff alone.

Super Moderator
great xmas present for the family...another one to love and pamper. hope this helps to make the holidays extra special.

Super Moderator
Congrats on the new addition to your family... Awesome.

Reactions: Whiskey

Registered
Congratulations Whiskey on your new son. 馃榿 馃惗

Registered
Yep, I understand the headline... thats why we have a 1 1/2 year old Lab. I thought 1 dog was plenty, momma thought she needed a friend.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, I understand the headline... thats why we have a 1 1/2 year old Lab. I thought 1 dog was plenty, momma thought she needed a friend.
Yup. I've got a 5 year old boxer already. She's well trained and no problem to take care of, but momma thought she needed a friend.

Registered
Mommas taking care of her baby. 鈽 (y)

Super Moderator
AWWWW!! <SQUEEE!!>> 馃槍

Registered
My realism is messing with my head. Hope the dog does not live up to it maybe name Chewy...

However, it is a cutie! I love dogs... Other people's dogs... I will play with them, walk them, throw a ball with them. I will even get on the ground and roll around and play with them and rub a belly or two. All on a good warm, sunny day! Not a fan of walking dogs in the rain, snow or when it is severely cold or hot out. Also, I like my freedom of being able to go out and in when I like and not having to worry about the dog going with me or having to get home to take the dog out to do its business.

But if it is making momma comfortable, cute puppy for the win!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At the moment, he is definitely living up to the name Chewy. He's chewing on any and everything that he can fit in his mouth. We'll break him of it eventually though. Dogs are just like kids. You have to have patience and a bit of a firm hand to get them trained, but once you do, they're worth every bit of the effort.

Registered
Ours will destroy most rubber toys in minutes, even those stating they are guaranteed and for aggressive chewers. This is one of the few that we've found that she loves, and they will actually hold up against her best efforts.

Font Screenshot Software Circle Web page

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Cabinetry Companion dog

We also got her the large rubber bone by these folks, it has lasted a long time too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts