Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago rounding a curve I dropped off the edge got in some gravel. I didn't drop the bike and got it stopped ok. I kept my head didn't panic (although it happened really fast lol). I got off walked around the bike checked for any damage there was none other than a nasty scar on the bottom of the plastic radiator cover. I figured I slung a rock or something into it. Brings us to yesterday and I ordered a Mapam radiator cover so I pulled of the black plastic on and found a nasty dent on the bottom of the radiator. Attached is a few pictures (sorry not too good) should I be concerned with radiator failure/leak etc? It has been a couple months I had no idea that it got damaged and it is bone dry on the bottom..thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the dent. If it's not leaking after a couple of months, just leave it alone.

Reactions: Mark2112

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the dent. If it's not leaking after a couple of months, just leave it alone.
I agree if it hasn`t leaked by now I suppose that damage is just superficial.I wouldn`t worry about it and the new cover should hide it if that bothers you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree if it hasn`t leaked by now I suppose that damage is just superficial.I wouldn`t worry about it and the new cover should hide it if that bothers you.
Thanks ! The new cover actually installs over top the plastic one so hopefully there won't be a next time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
the only thing I would add to everyone else's comments is to make sure it doesn't leak at full operating temp. (ie: idle the engine till the fan comes on) if you've done that and still no leaks, just ride it and keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the only thing I would add to everyone else's comments is to make sure it doesn't leak at full operating temp. (ie: idle the engine till the fan comes on) if you've done that and still no leaks, just ride it and keep an eye on it.
Thanks. It has. Noticed fan cycles on after a lengthy ride then stopped at a stop light. When I inspected it closely last night, I saw no stains or signs of leakage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd keep riding it but would have a watchful eye on eBay for an inexpensive replacement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.