Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new c50t and so far it's pretty sweet. I have been riding for years but all of my previous bikes were dual-sport. This is my first cruiser. I bought it so the wife can ride with me... sometimes. Any advice for the break in period? I have a whopping 62 miles on it so far.

Ride on!

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Howdy from Kentucky

Lake in Tennessee!

Agree with just take her easy..that is what Cruisers are all about anyway!

·
Super Moderator
20,463 Posts
morning from ct...600 mile service I would take serious...shouldn't have to assuming one would consider buying a new bike should not have to worry about anything happening in the first 600 miles but remember when I bought my 04 vol brand new the sales guy told me "I don't care where you do it ...just make sure you do it." Think its more of a check over to make sure everything is tight and was done correctly the first time...should be a throw in at purchase..don't think it ever is and for the most part usually anyone with any mc know how can do thmselves..unlike me. At worst change the oil w/in the first 1k.

·
Registered
20,174 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.
Just follow the recommendation from the manual and if iit doesn't say inn the biik, that would be a great time to get the drive shaft splines lubed real good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Panama!!

Like everybody said before me, read the Manual and follow what Suzuki advices...

And don't even try getting "Mod-bug" vaccine! It is a piece of Male Bovine Intestinal Deposition. Once bitten you have no cure! :wayhappy:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Welcome from the Arkansas Ozarks, dont ride at a steady speed, let it load easily ever once and a while, this will get your bearings seated nice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome! I don't think theres any such thing as a break in period. I think you should take it easy, but also not afraid to let it rip when you need it.
I believe in a hard/rough break in because it'll kinda make your bike more durable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts