Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the bolt thats holding this bracket is for? It sits above the axel nut and uses a allen key to get it off. Im talking about the black one! Thanks!!

Thanks to whom ever this picture belongs to!

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
onlly plastic if '04 and back. '05 and up it is a fake METAL swingarm.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh!! Whew!!! :oops:

I was scared! I loosened the bolt today because I was thinking of doing the Mod in the picture. I want to get a side mount lisence plate bracket. When I put the bolt back in, I dont think I tightened it as much as I could have. I didnt think much about it and continued my day. I rode the bike into work tonight and just realized that I probably didnt tighten it enough. I was scared the a wheel would fall off or something!! :D

My bike is an 07' so its metal! And I'm pretty sure I tightened it enough to hold the fake swingarm on till I get home! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, the bracket that he used for his bike doesnt have a big enough hole to get that bolt into. Anyone know of a good way to make that hole bigger without damaging the bracket?

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
no worries it has 2 other bolts in the front of it holding it on.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
lvfcfirefighter said:
Also, the bracket that he used for his bike doesnt have a big enough hole to get that bolt into. Anyone know of a good way to make that hole bigger without damaging the bracket?
Use a "step" drill bit

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
lvfcfirefighter, I have sent you a PM with a suggestion.
472viper

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used a long circular file and stuck it in my drill and filed it down. Took about a minute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts