Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO installed V&H pipes on my C50. I just replaced the spark plugs as preventative maintenance and I saw to my surprise that there is no power commander. I am very concerned with how white the spark plugs are. The bike has 13,000 miles. I am not sure how many of those miles have been with this lean fuel mixture. Does anyone have a recommendation for an affordable power commander?

Sincerely,
-Edmond

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have different pipes, but found the Cobra fi200R most convenient for the Boulevard. it is a "plug and play" add on- no tuning required.

Generally, with the aftermarket pipes you need the fuel processor to compensate. Some, myself included, upgrade the air filter as well. Depends on how your bike is running with different tweaks.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
58,700 Posts
None. You only need a Power Commander if you change the intake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have different pipes, but found the Cobra fi200R most convenient for the Boulevard. it is a "plug and play" add on- no tuning required.

Generally, with the aftermarket pipes you need the fuel processor to compensate. Some, myself included, upgrade the air filter as well. Depends on how your bike is running with different tweaks.

Good luck
Thanks for the idea. The cobra power commander seems reasonably priced. It doesn’t matter that I have a V&H pipe?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good luck
would you be concerned about the color of these plugs?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts