Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to replace the stock filter with a K&N and rejet. I'm going to call Robert tomorrow to order the reject kit, but should I order both the 150 and 155 main and extra washers? Seems like most who ordered from him got a great set-up with the one main he sent, but others needed some tweaking to get it right. If I need to tweak, I'd rather not have to pay for extra shipping later.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Don't forget to make sure you get the pilots too........I used a 37.5, but ordered a 35 also just in case. I am still running my stockers debaffled, with a k+n filter. The setup I used is a 37.5 pilot, with the 155 main so when I change pipes later on I will not need to adjust much except my mixture screw hopefully. Good luck with the rejet. Scott

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I did fine with what came with his kit but a size up and down wouldn't hurt and if you need them in the future you would have them on hand. And don't forget the pilot.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
819 Posts
I just installed the MCcarbs.com jet kit last Saturday.
When I called them they asked where I was from (for altitude and climate purposes) and what kind of pipes I was running. After including the fact that I wanted to switch to a UNI filter as well they recommended a 35 pilot and 152.5 main and one shim on the bottom of the needle.
I rode to work this morning at 6:00 am when it was 39 degrees and it never popped through the carb once.

Dave

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Like Griff, I just answered Robert's questions about where I lived, how I rode, what kind of pipes and filter I had. Then he put together a kit and I put it in. Worked fine.

There are a few moments in life where it is just better to trust the expert. This is one of them. Robert has his stuff in one sock and I'd go with what he says.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts, fellas. I talked to Robert today and my K&N and jet kit is "in the mail." He said his company is getting ready to start offering pipes and other stuff real soon, so keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Glad to be of some assistance. Good luck with the rejet.
Be sure to use the pdf file on rejetting found and www.therusks.com.
It was a lot of help to me. I had it up on the laptop in the garage as I was working.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts