Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a '01 Volusia with V&H straightshots, and am keeping the stock air filter.

I read that I need:

"132 main, 32.5 pilot jet, dyno spring, dyno needle on 3rd notch, mix screw at 2.5 - 3 turns. Adjust idle knob as needed to reach 1100 rpm."

Q: Are those mikuni or dyno numbers?

Q: Is there a kit I buy that has everything I need, or should I order the jets/needles and a rebuild kit? I understand there are screws that I may need to replace as well.....

Q: Where do I order the "all in one" kit from, if it exsists?

Q: I understand jets, needles, springs,and mixture screw turns, (thanks to SU carbs) but it was adjusted by the pervious owner. What is the starting point? How many turns from all the way in?

-Mike

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Q: Are those mikuni or dyno numbers?
mikuni

Q: Is there a kit I buy that has everything I need, or should I order the jets/needles and a rebuild kit? I understand there are screws that I may need to replace as well.....
Not quite....
MotorcycleCarbs sells a kit with the screws and the specific jets you need for $20
Motorcyclecarbs.com call and ask for Robert, tell him your setup he'll hook you up.
Dynojet (and others) sell a kit with extra jet sizes so you can tweak but no screws for around $50+
http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17893&cat=0&page=1

Q: Where do I order the "all in one" kit from, if it exsists?

Q: I understand jets, needles, springs,and mixture screw turns, (thanks to SU carbs) but it was adjusted by the pervious owner. What is the starting point? How many turns from all the way in?
The starting point is with the screw turned all the way in... Then back it out 2.5-3 turns

FYI I went the Motorcycle carbs route... Also there are good rejet docs here..
http://www.therusks.com/HowTos.htm

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you call motorcyclecarbs.com then he will ask you elevation and specifics on you bike and tell you what you need and he seems to be good. he is cheap too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts