Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm ordering my jardine 2:1 soon, and then a open air filter. But my question is which one do I rejet for, the air filter or the pipes?

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Rejet for the pipes is recommended, rejet for the filter is pretty much required. You might want to put the pipes on and see how she runs. I would do both at the same time and rejet based on the matrix
http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=4594

Aftermarket or stock pipes (baffles or debaffled) & Uni filter or K&N (airbox mounted):
150 or 155 main, 37.5 pilot jet, dyno spring, dyno needle on 3rd notch, mix screw at 2.5 - 3 turns. Adjust idle knob as needed to reach 1100 rpm.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say K&N (air box mounted), does that still count for the thunder air kit when you get rid of the stock air box?

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Using the matrix for the Thunder kit....

Aftermarket or stock pipes and Hypercharger airkit:
142 main jet, 45 pilot jet, dyno spring, dyno needle (for Thunder kit) on 3rd notch (Thunder says 2nd notch, but no one has had this work well), mix screw at 2.5 - 3 turns, plugged air jet. Adjust idle knob as needed to reach 1100 rpm.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
No problem, just keep asking if you dont know, I didn't know much about these bikes before finding this site.... Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
Also, you may want to see if anyone in your area is willing to watch over your shoulder while you rejet (mini wrench party!). Many people on this site love to help out. Start a new post and see if you get any bites..... "Anyone near me in MI willing to help with a rejet????"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts