Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

What Kind of Sunglasses Do You Wear Riding?

11K views 76 replies 57 participants last post by  mallard 
#1 ·
I wear safety sunglasses for the most part. I have a plain mirrored pair and also a tinted pair with cheaters built in so I can read.

#4 ·
I've always preferred REALLY Dark sunglasses and I have a complicated eyeglass prescription, so I bought over-the-eyeglasses sunglasses AND I use my built-in adjustable sun visor in my modular. The combo really helps my comfort level in the sunlight.

#7 ·
Sunreaders from READERS.COM with 1.75 correction, about $15.

Cataract surgery included putting lens in my eyeballs and my vision is corrected to 20/15. But I have to have readers in order to read gauges, car or bike.

Things are so bright after surgery that I wear sunglasses any time I'm outside.

#50 ·
I am getting to that point for the gauges on my bike. With the vibration (NOT A LOT! :biglaugh:) and the sunglasses on, I have trouble ridding my trip meters and odo on the bike. Still no problem with the truck or car, though.

#8 ·
Me too Beez, I have a couple of pair of bifocal safety glass sunglasses and they are great.

#9 ·
I've been using Coocoons that fit over my regular glasses. They keep out the wind and bugs when I'm not using my modular helmet.

#10 ·
I'm using a dark shade prescription sunglass for daytime riding. For night time, I'm using a wrap style padded transition eyeglass that we bought at a rally. I wear a modular which does not have a shaded shield. Hence, the sunglass by day.

#11 ·
I have the Ray Ban Daddy-O model with prescription lenses. They are a slight wraparound style (as much as possible with my prescription). I'm on my second pair and love 'em.

#15 ·
Prescription glasses with transition lens seamlessly change darkness.

#21 ·
Guys get you eyes checked. Eye sight goes away gradually. At age 49 I knew I was far-sighted. My company offered to pay for safety glasses. Found out my vision was not perfect at distance. Two different ophthalmologist told me "I wish I had your eyes". Anyhow with glasses I can see beyond 100 yards crisp and clear.
I've been wearing these for over 2 years. About $75 at w-martt. Can't find them any more there. They have vented foam on the inside. Keeps the bugs out.

Liberty Sport Torque Sunglasses | Save 47% | Free US Shipping

#27 ·
I normally use the standard mil spec wiley x. Not very expensive and you can switch lenses. I sometimes will just wear my regular glasses with a full face...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#22 ·
BCG Baby

Glad you asked, my Army Issued BCG, Birth Control Glasses is the *hit. Seriously Bob, I sport the WileyX Revolvr, bought from the rep during WV. Mountainfest a few years back and they are the best glasses to date.
EXCEEDS ANSI Z87.1-2003 HIGH VELOCITY STANDARD
WRAPBACK™ TECHNOLOGY PROVIDES ADDED PERIPHERAL VISION
Very nice, comfy and you look cool too. Good luck, D

#24 ·
:shades:I wear Ray Bans with prescription progressive Transitions for every day use. My eyes are very sensitive to wind, dust etc. My prescription does not work at all with full wrap around style frames. My eye sight is not bad at all for distance but I need the mid point to see my gauges and the bottom point to read menus etc. (my arms aren't long enough)

I am actively looking for riding glasses and have found a couple of frames with the interior nose piece/lens inserts but I have not come across too many that actually have the foam wind seals that do not look like welders goggles and that I would comfortably wear in a restaurant or pub.

If anyone in Canada has some recommendations of a good bricks and mortar shop up here it would be greatly appreciated. I definitely would need to try them on before making a purchase.

I have already tried Costco, MEC and Hakim Optical with out any luck in Toronto although Hakim said they should be getting more styles in later this year.

Thanks, George :shock:

#31 ·
:shades:I wear Ray Bans with prescription progressive Transitions for every day use. My eyes are very sensitive to wind, dust etc. My prescription does not work at all with full wrap around style frames. )

If anyone in Canada has some recommendations of a good bricks and mortar shop up here it would be greatly appreciated. I definitely would need to try them on before making a purchase. :shock:
George,
As posted earlier, I wear the Ray Ban #2015 "Daddy O" style which do have a slight but not extreme wraparound style for a little bit better protection from dust, bugs, etc.
Ray-Ban RB2015 Daddy-o Sunglasses | Ray-Ban CA

I have a fairly strong Rx which means fairly thick lenses. This is probably as curved a frame as I could possibly get even with high-index lenses. My local optometrist did not stock the frames but was able to order in the sunglasses, remove the original lenses and install my Rx lenses. I'm on my second pair and am very happy with them.

Reactions: Moto-Suzzi G50
#28 ·
I couldn't stand spending $20 on the DeWalt pair I recently lost, but that pair is $144! I will NEVER pay that much for something that costs a buck or two to create. That is like Oakleys. Way too expensive and is just a name. Like Harley. Just a name.

I wore the DeWalt pair below, but mine had dark shaded lenses, not clear ones. Great shades, but the yellow foamy stuff on the rear, which covers the plastic by your ears, turned into some kind of slimy, yellow goo that came off after a few months. Then I lost them two weeks ago at an antique tractor show.

#29 ·
I couldn't stand spending $20 on the DeWalt pair I recently lost, but that pair is $144! I will NEVER pay that much for something that costs a buck or two to create. That is like Oakleys. Way too expensive and is just a name. Like Harley. Just a name.
My oakleys were around $170. You don't pay just for the name. I've had them close to 3 or 4 years now and they easily beat all of the other sunglasses I've bought before. Probably something you don't know is that both lenses match each other. So, when you look through them, your eyes don't have to adjust and that can strain them. Also, the fit is perfect and they feel like I'm not wearing them at all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.