Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey! Just wanted to throw it out there about what I have done to my bike since I have had it...I ride a 2007 c50 black. Well, I have been busy...I installed a cobra fi2000r, k&n air filter, and cobra street rod pipes which the whole package sounds unbelievable and the performance is extremely noticeable from stock. I also have installed cobra highway bars with footpegs which are great for those long commutes to work 80+ miles a day. I also installed a 90watt firstgear heated liner and "comptroller" (controller for the heated liner) which also works great. I have used the liner in sub 35 degree weather and the liner plus a pair of long johns absolutely does the trick. Well, just wanted to let everyone know what I was up to...if anyone was wondering about any of these products just let me know as I am very happy with them....

ps...I installed everything myself and do all the maintenance on my bike....RIDE ON!!

·
Premium Member
17,308 Posts
Sounds great I like every thing you've done. I've been thinking about a heated vest and gloves.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Sounds like your really enjoying your bike....GOOD ON YA!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys...I really am enjoying my bike and messing around with it a bit....makes for a good time. Big pete...I highly recommend the heated liner and gloves...it makes for a totally different...more enjoyable ride when jack frost might be nippin' at ya. I've ridden here in boston in the mid 20's during this past winter without the liner but did have multiple layers and like I said...i'll never do it again though! : )

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hey Vandals, I bought my '05 used with Cobra Steet Rods already on them. I am pretty sure I am going back to stock pipes. I'm doing this for two reasons. I think I will like the sound of the stock pipes better and I also thought the stock pipes would give me better performace (gas mileage).

When you say you're getting better performance with the Cobras what exactly do you mean? Better mileage? Faster bike? More responsive?

I guess I am asking what to expect after I reinstall the stock pipes.

Thanks

·
Administrator
29,697 Posts
Sounds like a good time. ENjoy. An hour wrenching is better than an hour at work,

·
Registered
166 Posts
There have been a few mornings i wish i had a heater. I figure i have 8 hours of work to defrost though. Too cheap. Thanks for sharing the info though. I'll keep something like that in mind come this fall.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey sven62 with the setup I listed above I am getting between 53-55 mpg religiously...I have checked that over a period of several months...I never gauged it though when I had the stock pipes on my bike...hope that helps...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts