Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to vent here. But what is up with dealers and their lack of knowledge of what they are selling.

Twice now I have gone to 2 different Yamaha dealers to look at a Royal Star VENTURE. Twice now I have made sure with them over the phone that it was the Royal Star VENTURE with the FAIRING and TRUNK. And twice now I have shown up only to be shown a Royal Star TOUR DELUXE! :curse:

At least at one large USED dealer the guy who amitted he was "sport bike rider and salesman" was able to give pretty decent information about Goldwings, BMW touring bikes and Harley touring bikes as far as the engine and how the bikes were equipped. I have come to the conclusion that so far as bikes, the Harley, Victory and BMW salespeople are the the best at knowing about their product.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Been my experience at any dealer whether it be; boats, cars, trucks or bikes...is, say anything to the poor guy on the phone just to get you down there and talking....

Commissoined sales always operates like that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is also that at one dealer the guy didn't even know what a Royal Star Venture was! He said the Tour Deluxe is Yamaha's touring bike. When I showed him the bike in their brochure he exclaimed "Ohhhh THAT bike!"

Smart as a sack of hammers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
PPasel
Have you checked out the Kawasaki Nomad 1600??? I was out tooling around all the motorcycle shops around here with the little lady last week and we stopped in a Kawasaki dealer. I really didn't like anything I had seen Kawi had but they had two leftover Nomad 1600's here. Really sweet looking package. They told me if I ride my bike over I can take one out for a ride. Can't wait to check it out. Hard bags that match the bike, great seats and lots of extra chrome. Water cooled and EFI.
Chet

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the Nomad. But, we're in the market for a full fledged touring motorcycle. Comfy passenger seat, hard bags and trunk are the minimum and all the rest is just gravy. With the trip she wants to do next year it pretty much scrams for a Golwing, Harley Ultra Classic, Royal Star Venture or BMW K1200LT. Long distance and comfort.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
dont get me started... i was admiring a GSXR1000 and there was a busa right next to it and i happened to have rode my busa up there so i had on the jacket, and he was like, do you ride a busa? i said, yeah, i have an 06, he was like, wow, that was the first year of those wasnt it?

:shock: :roll: :lol:

·
Administrator
53,852 Posts
Check this 'stealer story'..........

I called the local Victory Dealer, as I was looking for a couple (specific) metric fasteners.
The nitwit on the phone tells me, "Victory MC's are built in the USA, and they don't stock any metric fasteners." :roll:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arcs&Sparks said:
I ride a RSTD don't over look it. It's a great bike
I have looked at the RSTD and it is nice. But, the other half of the checkbook is right in that it's a cruiser like the Boulevard only bigger and with hard saddlebags. Plus, she thought the Mustang seat on our Boulevard was more comfortable than the one on the RSTD. For a long distance trip, RSV is more of what we're in the market for.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I went to two Suzuki dealers late last year...when asked about a C109 they stated that Suzuki offered a C90 and a M109...I must be thinking of one of those :roll:

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Tour Deluxe is a great bike. My husband rides one. The bags have loads of room. My husband takes whatever doesn't doesn't fit in my C50T's bags. It weighs about 1,000 lbs.
On the Venture, the handlebars are much closer to you because of the fairing.
Check out the 2 bikes at the same time to see the difference.
RSTD is very comfortable for the passenger.
Just my 2c. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bikersue said:
The Tour Deluxe is a great bike. My husband rides one. The bags have loads of room. My husband takes whatever doesn't doesn't fit in my C50T's bags. It weighs about 1,000 lbs.
On the Venture, the handlebars are much closer to you because of the fairing.
Check out the 2 bikes at the same time to see the difference.
RSTD is very comfortable for the passenger.
Just my 2c. :)
But, unfortunately she doesn't like the seat on the RSTD. It just wasn't as comfortable to her sitting there talking with a salesman. She much preferred the RSV seat and on a long trip comfort is a factor. As is always with bikes, one size does not fit all! :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just a note of warning, my husband is a big guy, but even he has trouble backiing it up sometimes. It really should have a reverse gear!
Good luck with whatever you choose. 8)

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's real hit or miss with the dealerships. I have met some real sharp people and I have met some real idiots. And lately with the market like it is I have been seeing a lot of new faces.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Basically had the same kinda of experiences even with Suzuki Dealers.................
I do think the Harley dealers have alot on the ball (nice looking facilities, lots of stock, full service repair, even a supply of trade-ins), of course they stand to make a decent chunk of change with every sale

1 - 15 of 15 Posts