Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flux Capacitor. Lol.

I should introduce myself first. Where are my manners?

I live in Georgia, in the metro Atlanta area. This is my 3rd Suzuki. My first, was a TM 75 dirt bike that I got for my 9th birthday in 1977. I rode my dad's. 77 GT 750 around the neighborhood in the 80s. In 1999, I bought a used GS550 E and rode it for a year and then my truck motor went out. I had to sell the bike.? Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I bought the 2002 VL800 from a mechanic friend at work. Man, have I missed riding. Very glad to be part of the Volusia family!

·
Registered
19,618 Posts
Neither do your neighbors...

Reactions: marktillis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Whiskey! Glad to know you aren't very far from me. I'm in Coweta County. What year is your bike?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
How many mods have been done to your VOL? It might go to something that was removed? I can’t see well enough in that pic.. have you searched for the 02 wiring ?

Reactions: Capt Cruiser

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many mods have been done to your VOL? It might go to something that was removed? I can’t see well enough in that pic.. have you searched for the 02 wiring ?
I've only had it a few weeks. No mods yet, just put on a set of Michelin Commander IIs.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
If everything on the bike is working, I wouldn't give it a whole lot of thought.
But I'd probably put a voltmeter on it and see if it's providing anything that you might be able to use for something else.

Reactions: Ragdude

·
Registered
796 Posts
That might be the diagnostic connector that's used for getting the trouble codes.
It's hard to tell for sure based on the quality of the picture and the orientation.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The throttle position sensor is close to that connection. But I don't believe that's it. I own an 02 volusia and have noticed it unconnected before as well. I believe that connection MAY be for an optional carburetor heater for northern climates. Unsure without checking the schematic. Local dealer might be able to tell you in the service dept.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts