Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The CTX is the most grossly underrated motorcycle ever produced.
I couldn't agree more. Love riding my CTX1300, rain or shine. Great in the canyons, and perfect for cruising. I darksided it when I couldn't find a rear replacement in stock anywhere local. Have over 20k miles on the CT, and less than half the tread gone. For a cruiser/touring unbelievable, and the traction in heavy rain is unbelievable.

I'm thinking of doing the same on the C50T since it doesn't need to race through the canyons, but if this Covid-19 thing keeps everyone home, the tires will likely rot before needing to be replaced due to tread wear.

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
The CTX is the most grossly underrated motorcycle ever produced. I was riding to Rolling Thunder with Ron in 2015 (the year after I got it). Were on I66 heading east from LuRay when a Vic passed us on the right, doing at least 100, maybe more. We'll, Ron is known to be a bit of a speed freak, so he downshifted his Harley and took off after the Vic. I did the same on my CTX and for the first time in my life, I kept up with a bigger bike. We tagged 120 or so before we caught the Vic, then Ron turned to see how far behind I was. He was more than a little shocked that I'd stayed on his wheel the whole time. Couldn't have accomplished that on the C50.
Coincidentally, it is almost one of the most gross motorcycles of all time. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Pretty sure it was over 100 measured by GPS, but not much.

Now my Stratoliner on the other hand... I was trying to catch up to @mastertek2000 on a highway and let out the throttle when GPS said 120 (I looked down because other cars seemed to be moving backwards quickly). Then I shifted out of third. :devilish:

·
Registered
340 Posts
105 sat nav confirmed, only for a few seconds, thats a fast way to grenade the engine. 90 is the safe maximum and even that I would not recommend for long periods.

141 - 144 of 144 Posts