Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Got it to 101 Garmin sat nav confirmed. Just the once to see if it could. Good way to destroy the engine though if you do it often. Its happiest up to about 80.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my speedo at 172kph today and still climbing but ran out of road, taking into account the 10% error on speedometer that's 153kph or just over 95mph. Bike has hypercharger breather on it, supposedly it adds 7-10 more horsepower.

·
Registered
54 Posts
it read 95mph but as it is 5mph fast it really is 90mph
no mods , just de baffled the exhaust and drilled the plate , good quality oils and fuel and lots of love
mine has windscreen / hard side bags and a fat bastard riding it so im happy it goes as well as she does

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
Had my speedo at 172kph today and still climbing but ran out of road, taking into account the 10% error on speedometer that's 153kph or just over 95mph. Bike has hypercharger breather on it, supposedly it adds 7-10 more horsepower.
No. It does not. At most, a fuel injected bike will gain 5.0hp with a hypercharger, fuel processor and pipes. A carberuretted bike will only gain about 4hp with a hypercharger, jet kit, tune and pipes. That's it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Close enough
No. It does not. At most, a fuel injected bike will gain 5.0hp with a hypercharger, fuel processor and pipes. A carberuretted bike will only gain about 4hp with a hypercharger, jet kit, tune and pipes. That's it...
Wow you seemed to take that pretty personal, I really don't care about the exact specs like you do. Have a nice day.

·
Super Moderator
61,547 Posts
Skrap's not being nasty, he's just stating facts so people don't walk around misinformed. Nothing personal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well since my last post I’ve Been pushing the needle up past 110 mph almost on a daily basis, I must have been on a slight incline the other time... it’s true I have cobra drag pipes and no windshield, but still I think most people on this thread are underestimating these bikes and are too scared to go full throttle, no offense

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
You know, Bob? This is kind of entertaining. I still remember riding home from Rolling Thunder in 2012. Ron and I were coming up I68 outside of Hancock, Md on a 4% grade. He pegged the throttle on his SG and was gone. I pegged the throttle on my C50 and cursed as it struggled to reach 80 on the long climb... I don't miss those days... My CTX will do 103. In third gear.... :)

Reactions: pcdoctorcom

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't really know how fast my bike will go. I know it keeps up with traffic on the interstate that I drive on which is about 75--80. I didn't buy this bike so I could go "Fast". If I wanted to go fast I would have a Hayabusa. But since I have a C50, all I want or expect it to do is take me where I want to go with a reasonable amount of comfort.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Look another record! I just had to expose the lie that a c50 can’t break 100 mph - mine does it almost effortlessly - and no I’m not being towed in the back of a truck Lol

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
Your point? My CTX will do that in 3rd gear...

You ran the bike to its absolute limit. Keep doing that and it won't last very long.

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Actually, I just did the math... using the numbers on this it’s physically impossible for you to have reached that speed. If you take the average speed and distance traveled, the highest possible speed you could have reached during the journey is 72.4 mph... and even that is doubtful because acceleration and deceleration would have taken too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Reality Sucks! --- Keeping the thread alive:cool:

I purchased my 2013 C50T new from the dealer in DEC 2013. The mechanic I spoke with said to break it in first before pushing it. I did so, and after about 3500 miles (2 months of ownership), I was riding with some friends north on the 101 toward Santa Barbara. Some of the group stopped because a of a low tire. After stopping, and pumping the tire up on a honda nighthawk, we all got back on the road and they took off.

I did the same, ... dropped my shield on my helmet, dropped it a gear gear, tached it out, shifted, tacked it out again, and realized, I was only doing a little under 80mph as I watched my friends ride off leaving me in their dust. Five minutes later, I was doing a little over 90mph/Speedo, downhill, and realized I would never catch up with them. What a disapointment. But then, I didn't buy the C50T to go fast. Kind of hard to do between cars during rush hour to and from work on the 101 through the San Fernando Valley, or on the 405.

As a commuter bike, it worked just fine until the engine seized. BTW, I was on the 101 north, doing about 75mph when it stumbled. Pulled to the right, feathered the throttle like you would in a B-17, and prayed it would smooth out e before the crash and burn.

I think the fastest I've ever had the C50T, was that day about 90mph. I'm sure it would do a little more, but would take a few miles of flat road with a tail wind to get there. I learned my lesson, some bikes just don't go fast.

Dreams do come true!

Now, a different story, with my CTX1300 missle. Nothing like accellerating to 120mph, ... easy, up or down hill. Headwind will slow it down, ... a wee bit. Never feel a tail wind on it. Always faster than the wind. And if you listen to the whine of the engine, it will go much faster.

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
Dreams do come true!

Now, a different story, with my CTX1300 missle. Nothing like accellerating to 120mph, ... easy, up or down hill. Headwind will slow it down, ... a wee bit. Never feel a tail wind on it. Always faster than the wind. And if you listen to the whine of the engine, it will go much faster.

:cool::cool::cool:
The CTX is the most grossly underrated motorcycle ever produced. I was riding to Rolling Thunder with Ron in 2015 (the year after I got it). Were on I66 heading east from LuRay when a Vic passed us on the right, doing at least 100, maybe more. We'll, Ron is known to be a bit of a speed freak, so he downshifted his Harley and took off after the Vic. I did the same on my CTX and for the first time in my life, I kept up with a bigger bike. We tagged 120 or so before we caught the Vic, then Ron turned to see how far behind I was. He was more than a little shocked that I'd stayed on his wheel the whole time. Couldn't have accomplished that on the C50.

Reactions: pcdoctorcom
121 - 140 of 144 Posts