Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,181 Posts
If you think you've gone 100+ mph on a C50 Suzuki...... You're living in a dream world.

Yup, I couldn't hold 80MPH traffic in Florida on the C50. It probably did an honest but very scary 85MPH. I seriously doubt my C50 could make it to 90MPH. On a hot day with no wind, it struggled at Florida Interstate speeds. It was fine up to 65MPH, after that it got a bit scary.

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
I generally don't really like highway riding. Especially in heavy traffic. Never had a bike over 80 mph. And don't plan to. Stay safe all you speed demons!! ??
It's evident that you never rode with Ron...

·
Registered
19,523 Posts
If you think you've gone 100+ mph on a C50 Suzuki...... You're living in a dream world.

Yup, I couldn't hold 80MPH traffic in Florida on the C50. It probably did an honest but very scary 85MPH. I seriously doubt my C50 could make it to 90MPH. On a hot day with no wind, it struggled at Florida Interstate speeds. It was fine up to 65MPH, after that it got a bit scary.
I somehow managed to touch 100 (indicated) on my C50. It was really 88mph and it was wound completely out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How fast will a VL 800 go, I don't wont to here a lot I think it will or it should go, I have a 2003 VL800, Anniversary edition, 11,300 miles, I run Mobil V-twin oil, with factory wind shield & Bags, I weigh 200# I know for a fact the speedometer is 5 mph fast at 70 mph, it tops out at 95 mph (Indicated) on level ground normal wind, I have debaffeled pipes, K &N air filter, drilled air cleaner cover (4) 3/4 holes along the bottom, rejeted carb, Jet size is a #.059 drill, metering rod has 3 washers under it, I run mid range fuel, I don't know what the octane is. It seems to have good all around performance, idle, mid-rang-pulls good from 40 mph in 5th gear. Best mileage is 48.9 on the road, 36 around town. I'm a retired auto teacher so I understand how thing should work. some people claim 110 mph, do I need to find a good mechanic??

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have a 2003 Volusia, the title don't specifi, but when I run a check on the VIN #, it comes back as a 2003 Suzuki Intruder Volusia VL800k, idk what that means. But, I weigh 260#, no saddle bags. I've had the bike for 2 weeks. Speed omiter says 115, I hit 98, two times the first day. A week later, I hit 105. This is according to the speed omiter. I know it's right, friend was driving my car following me when I bought bike. Thing drinks too much gas, tho

·
Registered
1 Posts
With bags and no windshield I have seen 101 mph indicated with my 230 lbs on an ‘03 a couple times but it’s screaming to do it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got mine up to 105 mph indicated once, way back when I just got her broke in....she now has 100,000 miles on her and she can do 95 indicated but that is it....on level road, with side bags, and I am 40 lbs heavier now than in 2007 when I bought her new...and she has a small windshield. Her best cruising speed is around 75 indicated...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello! Assuming the speedometer is correct, my 2008 C50 seems to top out at 110 MPH. I can just push the needle all the way up going after it full throttle. ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
...Just double-checked top speed. Let's call it 107 MPH based on speedometer. Up to 100 MPH is effortless, from there it takes some work. Even going after it full throttle, I couldn't get the needle up more than halfway between 105-110 MPH.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts