Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm soiling my panties just reading these posts. I think I did 60 once but I had to exhale eventually.

Did 70 on my Triumph a few times...that was more comfortable.
There is so much wrong with that first sentence...I don't know where to start. :shock:

I got 127 out of mine on nitrous with full boost
:scoot: 127 kilometers?

·
Super Moderator
23,820 Posts
This is one of those threads that helps make a solid argument for auto locking threads after a few months of inactivity. I don't think there's enough to discuss on this that the conversation needs to go on for a decade.

Please, allow me to sum those one up. If you're concerned with the top speed of the bike, buy something other than a Boulevard. It will go all the way up to the speed limit, but if you're on the Autobahn you should probably stay in the right lane and make sure your life insurance is paid up.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
I pushed my C50 out of the back of a C130 from 21,000 feet. It reached a top speed of 9.8 meters/second. I suppose that is fast for an 800?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Mine easily does 85...IN REVERSE!!!!111

·
Registered
4,631 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,820 Posts
I calculated it out once. Pretty sure I posted it in this thread. I'm lazy and don't feel like looking for it though. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Here you go:
Missed it.
So what you're saying, is that even in a freefall the C50 is still a rather slow bike?:grin2:

·
Premium Member
27,180 Posts
A few summers ago, Ron and I were riding to Washington DC along I66 between Luray Virginia and the city. We were passed by a brown Vic, doing a buck something. I've known Ron for a very long time and have put down a bunch of miles with him. When he sees bait like that, he has to take it. So off he went and off I went with him. In years past, it would have been Ron having fun for a while, then realizing he'd ditched his buddy, slowing way down and waiting for me to catch up. He was more than a little surprised to look in his mirror and see my CTX right there with him. We were doing around 115 at the time, which really didn't seem all that fast anymore.
I actually had to let off the throttle because the front end of my bike was getting awfully light. Turns out the shark wants to fly after about a buck ten.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
So what you're saying is when we are on I66 next week, the only way I will be getting 40mpg is if you lead? I seem to have developed a bit of a heavy wrist in the past several years..

·
Registered
19,332 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
In a wind tunnel, at 100mph, I bet the aero on the bike is all over the place. And with the add ons we do to the bike from stock, I'm sure it's worse.

Remember, the high speed wobble isn't just isolated to an HD. I've pushed the limits of the C50c many many times and this bike is not a hundred miler....I've felt the bike get light and unstable, it's a pucker moment for sure. At those speeds, when the bike compresses for road bed humps, depressions, the rebound, can get light.

·
Premium Member
27,180 Posts
In a wind tunnel, at 100mph, I bet the aero on the bike is all over the place. And with the add ons we do to the bike from stock, I'm sure it's worse.

Remember, the high speed wobble isn't just isolated to an HD. I've pushed the limits of the C50c many many times and this bike is not a hundred miler....I've felt the bike get light and unstable, it's a pucker moment for sure. At those speeds, when the bike compresses for road bed humps, depressions, the rebound, can get light.
Harley wobble is long gone with the new frame all the way back in 2008 but especially since the Rushmore bikes. I will lean hard into a turn at 80MPH on Rushmore, I wouldn't do that on my 07 for fear of unsettling the suspension. What does happen over about 110MPH is the front end gets light. I suspect in my case it's because I put a tall windshield on and it acts a bit like an airfoil.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
You got the better bike, buddy. I only averaged 45.1 mpg.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Regularly do 80 on the motorway, had it up to 95 on the speedo once but uncomfortable and these cheap engines will throw a rod at those speeds for too long. 60 is the sweet spot but 80 if you want to get anywhere in good time

61 - 80 of 107 Posts