Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT WILL IT DO FOR MY BIKE AND HOW MUCH MORE POWER WILL IT GIVE ME???

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Same thing as a Power Commander. Are you yelling for a reason????????

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Wile the power commander by itself will help performance a bit. The PC w/a K&N air filter and less restrictive exhaust should give you about a 10% gain in power. You have to let more air in(K&N) you have to let more air out(exhaust) and you have to add more fuel to all the extra air(Power Commander). All this works together.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
shooterrex said:
Wile the power commander by itself will help performance a bit. The PC w/a K&N air filter and less restrictive exhaust should give you about a 10% gain in power. You have to let more air in(K&N) you have to let more air out(exhaust) and you have to add more fuel to all the extra air(Power Commander). All this works together.

Ride Safe,
Rex
A good source told me that the K&N doesn't add any more air into your intake by itself,but it's re-cleanable..... :D

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
silverc50cruisermedic said:
shooterrex said:

Ride Safe,
Rex
A good source told me that the K&N doesn't add any more air into your intake by itself,but it's re-cleanable..... :D
If the K&N doesn't flow more air why did I have to rejet to install one? The bike ran like crap (real lean) till I re-jetted. They do flow more air. And yes they are cleanable so you don't have to keep buying new ones.

Ride Safe,
Rex

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
shooterrex said:
shooterrex said:

Ride Safe,
Rex
If the K&N doesn't flow more air why did I have to rejet to install one? The bike ran like crap (real lean) till I re-jetted. They do flow more air. And yes they are cleanable so you don't have to keep buying new ones.

Ride Safe,
Rex
Don't shoot the messenger buddy.....Just relaying what I'm told and I'm talking FI and not carb...... :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
shooterrex said:
shooterrex said:

Ride Safe,
Rex

Ride Safe,
Rex
Don't shoot the messenger buddy.....Just relaying what I'm told and I'm talking FI and not carb...... :D
gotta go with rex still. Even if you have FI it will make a difference. When I installed the K&N on my bike. I have the PCIII, V&H and even the 1/2" holes in the air cleaner. Was just missing the K&N filter, when I put it an ran the bike a few miles I was able to tell just from the exhaust that it was running leaner as my eyes didnt want to tear up and the plugs look much better.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
But you don't have a stock air box with the drilled 1/2" holes added. I am sure it adds some airflow but that is limited by the openings in the stock airbox. Apparently adding one to a carbed biket has more effect than a FI one.
gotta go with rex still. Even if you have FI it will make a difference. When I installed the K&N on my bike. I have the PCIII, V&H and even the 1/2" holes in the air cleaner. Was just missing the K&N filter, when I put it an ran the bike a few miles I was able to tell just from the exhaust that it was running leaner as my eyes didnt want to tear up and the plugs look much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts