Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2169 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just cleaned my bike, we have a strong winter in Poland (temp. -4F/-20C) :evil:
I cant ride at the moment :brick:
Just drinking beer and watching the bike in the garage :boozin:

·
Registered
201 Posts
My boy and I just wiped my bike down, put fringe on the brake & clutch levers, put a new tool bag on the bars, and took it out for about an hour ride. It was only about 40F, but was nice hitting the road. And just think, I was able to ride Christmas Day, New Years Day, and on February 4th here in the metro Detroit, Michigan area!!! And they say there is no such thing as global warming... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
installed 2 55 watt driving lights on the cobra lightbar

Picked up my new 55 watt driving lights today and replaced the 30 watt lights that were on the lightbar. I wired a separate fused power line from the battery to the headlight bucket and wired a relay in to do the switching of the power so that I don't burn up the ignition switch.

HUGE difference in the amount of light that 2-30 watt lights put out vs 2-55 watt lights.

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW!!!!!!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Replaced broken brake lever, installed 2in riser spacers, adjusted the handlebars, and attempted to lower it. I really botched it up big time. Will finish and taker er' for a ride tomorrow. \m/

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
9,059 Posts
Okay, today was a beauty day and "Gene" came down and we :roll: (he) got the stock drive put back on the Vol. as the "DJ" is sold. Mind you.......I did get to bend the cotter pin again!

Bushing were a bit of a problem, but there will be more on that later.

THX for your help Gene! :applause:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Took the bags off mine, and gave it a good top to bottom cleaning. I've head it three months, and put almost 2500 miles on during winter, so it was time.

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
Bought a cover and put it on. Thought about riding, when it quits raining.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I looked at mine longingly, slowly stroked the seat running my fingers lightly over the studs in the soft leather.....

Then I woke up................Pfffft:biglaugh:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ordered a gbully and Gman shift bushing for it. Also talked to a pretty cool guy bout some pipes and bags for it.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
30 Posts
Installed modded final drive. Love it :)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drilled 5 half inch holes in each baffle and blasted it up and down the road a couple times. Sounds pretty nice and deep. I just got the bike yesterday and i'm already drilling holes. Terrible!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Wet sanded, getting lines gone between paint and goldleaf , getting closer.m Installed new driving lights.

41 - 60 of 2169 Posts