Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

2181 - 2191 of 2191 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Stripping her down. Bobber with mini apes will be the flavour of 2020 season. I'm going to chop my front fender to a hip fender and lower it closer to the wheel. Going to ride with no rear fender and I've modified an old license plate for the rainy days that I can slap on with two bolts in about 1 minute if needed.
Finished product.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Changed engine oil and final gear oil yesterday. Found this much easier when I raised the bike on a lift.
Have to have on side kickstand when refilling fluids though. Seem to have forgotten about the final gear oil on past few fluid changes...opps. Good news is final gear oil wasn't milky and drain plug didn't have any build up on the little magnet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’ve been wanting to spend some quality time in the garage for the last few weeks to switch some shiny parts from my Volusia to my Boulevard. Finally got around to it yesterday. It was a nice day here in Southern Ontario so went out and got to work. I have the mustang seat switched over. I picked up a used Boulevard passenger back rest about a month ago and got that installed, switched over the chrome rad cover. I also swapped out the bezels around the speedometer. I put a USB port in the bezel on my Volusia and wanted it on my Boulevard. I also removed the wiring harness I made for it and set it aside for now, I’m waiting for a fused relay to come in from Amazon to wire it up. All I have left to switch out are the passenger floor boards for my wife’s comfort. I also moved the helmet lock out from behind the saddle bag to the side of the backrest bracket so it can be used when needed.
I’ll try and post a pic of how my Boulevard looks when I have it done.

2181 - 2191 of 2191 Posts