Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2161 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
It was a few days ago, but I installed the Eklipes EK1-110 Cobra Charging station and the ILM phone mount onto the bars. I dig it because I can charge via usb or cigarette lighter insert. I can use it when the bikes off ... provided I don't forget to hit the kill switch on it eventually :biglaugh:(I like living dangerously).Charger.holder.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I lowered my windshield a couple of days ago.

OK, hardly a big event or a major modification I know, but a few posts back I mentioned that I had some lowers installed to deal with the heavy amount of air rushing up behind the windshield on my new-to-me C50.

Well, the lowers helped a bit, but I had hoped for more.

I'm finally getting some time to get to know the bike better and I noticed that there was a way to adjust the windshield height...not by much...and that the last owner had it up as high as it would go.

I dropped it down to about chin level (I never liked my windshields too high anyway) and that minor change was enough to trigger a major improvement in cutting down the turbulence by reducing the gap between the bottom of the windshield and the lowers, letting them do their job better.

So...another win. 😄

·
Registered
577 Posts
changed oil,filter, anti freeze , and plugs in 90+ weather!!! sh#t I forgot the rear axle oil!!!!!

I also changed the vacuum lines and now it wont start? I know that my 2004 always is hard to start after sitting due to the lack of a fuel pump but even with either it wasn't starting and the truth be known its just too darned hot in fl to try and fix it right now ...sooooo...... I am riding my 2005 c 50 till it cools down a little. does anyone have any ideas about why it wont fire? I am going to check all of the vacuum lines again all 3 lines to the f connector are tight...... darn heat here......but it is by far better than -20 up north

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't forget to adjust your shock setting, specially if you ride 2 up. The added weight can cause the tire to rub if you hit a good bump. Mine ended up cutting thru part of the wires for my tail lights.
If you ride 2 up, don't forget to adjust your rear brake and reset it when it's only you.
Thanks for the suggestion. When I bought the bike, the previous owner had the rear shocks set a hard as they could go. I dropped it to the "4th notch" and it seems a little softer, but not much. I was thinking of cropping it another notch or two. I weigh 200 pounds and almost never have a passenger. Do you know of a chart for shock setting versus rider weight? I haven't looked for one.

J

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
I had always left mine at factory setting till the wifey wanted to join in. She's not that big so I adjusted it up 1 notch. Should have gone 2 and that might have saved my wiring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had always left mine at factory setting till the wifey wanted to join in. She's not that big so I adjusted it up 1 notch. Should have gone 2 and that might have saved my wiring.
I was messing around comparing my bike’s Suspension with my son’s. Mine feels much softer. I think i’ll Stiffen mine up a notch or two.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Put heated grip covers on it. Also rewired aux lights and USB charger to run off a relay off the headlight wire. After a few accidental shorts due to poorly exposed wires inside the aux light housing (thanks fuses!), I have toasty hands, a charged phone, and three photon canons up front! All LED too, so I am consuming less power while making more light.

2141 - 2160 of 2161 Posts