Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2161 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a post like this on another site I get on all the time, and it works out kinda cool. You get to see, in one spot, folks newest mods, or just if they took a good ride.

OK, today all I did was take a decent ride, and ordered some new stuff for the bike. Solo seat on the way, and a mini fender bib, along with another thing that's hard to explain, but pics will come later.

Next...

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Bumped into it in the garage...................Said I was sorry.......Might order a cup holder for the wife next week.:moneyeyes:

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
Stopped by painter to see if hardbags had been painted yet, of course they were not. Two more weeks.

·
Registered
19,340 Posts
Oooh! I can play!! I can play!!!

I removed the pillion seat from the Virago and permanently mounted the plate for my extra top-case to the fender, behind the saddle. It allows me to carry a bunch more stuff than a backpack would, plus it gives me something to lean against as I ride (works like a driver's back rest). When I remove the case, the plate then functions as a flat cargo rack, so I can carry boxes or what-not.

I'll post a pic, just as soon as the Grouch gets back with the bike.... 60* on Feb 1.... Of course we're riding!!!

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
I disconnected the battery tender, backed it out of the cave and took it for a ride today. Not very often I can say that on February 1st here in Massachusetts.

Whooo Hooo!!!!!!

Was great to get out - I have ridden now every month since last March.

·
Premium Member
12,258 Posts
Not today but, I built the battery box and mounted the spring seat......Yeah, the battery box is nothing like has ever been built in the past on the Vol/Bol. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Last week installed new Flanders handlebars (2 inches higher, 1 inch more pullback) and replaced a tool pouch that had a torn seam. Just rode the long way to work...about 40 miles. :scoot::wayhappy:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not today but, I built the battery box and mounted the spring seat......Yeah, the battery box is nothing like has ever been built in the past on the Vol/Bol. :wayhappy:
Looking forward to seeing that. Springer seat are pretty cool, but not so much on my bike!

One of these days I'm gonna pick up something to use as a bar hopper, then I might have to get one!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Swapped out stock seat for saddle men profiler seat. Took it around the neighborhood and my buttocks smiled. Looked at my lowering bones and risers, might get to them this weekend. Picked up a new brake lever that I ordered from the dealer. Paid for front/rear brakes and rear fender I got off e to the bay.
Sat on it in the garage and made vroom vroom noises too.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
55 Posts
Had the day off today. Just set the black c50 outside and admired it for a few minutes, started it up and went on 15 min ride to nowhere and back to charge the battery, then tucked it in for a few more weeks. 70 degrees in Virginia, rediculous.

Then I got on the other bike, a white Suzuki Burgman 650 and went for a 1 hour ride and did a few errands. Boy was it nice. I just hope the c50 doesn't get too jealous.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Well yesterday I washed it, so today I got it dirty all over again picking up a Craigslist purchase I made. I put about 90 miles on it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Rode it to work today (sans windshield--THAT felt good!) and bought saddlebag supports.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I sprayed paint at mine but i screwed the pooch and had to sand out some imperfections so ill be shooting at it again here in a little bit.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I rode mine after work for about 70 miles. I guess that doesn't count. I have a few more things I want to do. Area P slip on pipe. Radiator guard. Front fender extender. License plate holder that has helmet locks built in. By the time I get that done I'll need new tires.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I ride to work every day. It's only about 7 miles one way though. Yesterday I put on a new Memphis Shades windshield. Handlebar mount variety...calm down!

Today my air horn came in the mail, along with my wheel covers. The horn will be installed Saturday. The wheel covers will be installed on Tuesday along with the new tires!

http://bit.ly/wD5QQP

http://bit.ly/xEjG2L

Faux solid wheels...imagine that!!!

1 - 20 of 2161 Posts