Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big man gave me the boot today with 60+ other members of the company. Package was good, but I am a little concerned.

I knew something was coming. I have already sent out my resume to 7 places. Within 2 hours I got one call back.

Does anyone need a business analyst? I like long rides on the bike, New England weather and nice people. Oh and :moneyeyes:!
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

If you laugh, the whole world laughs with you. When you cry, you cry alone.

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation, however, you're not alone.
Hope all goes well in the job search, and you're back out there in no time!
Close to an early retirement at all if the "package" was worthwhile? No need to jump back in .............just take it easy, do something you enjoy, with no pressures, and relax a bit.

·
Administrator
54,733 Posts
Lost My job due to company closure, when I was 50 years old....know exactly how You feel.

We'll offer up a little prayer at Our ranch tonight, on Your behalf......Blessings!

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
I hope all works out in your favor! :moneyeyes:

Most times it does...........

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Been there done that, it sux!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Happened to me last year after 14 years with HP, still looking now...

Get yourself a good resume and cover letter and tweak them for each application. Watch out for agencies that are just trying to get you on their books, many of them will string you along with bogus jobs just so they can respond to genuine positions with a list of possible candidates.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Been through it twice myself. You'll land on your feet don't worry.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
So sorry to hear... Will keep eyes and ears open. Keep up on the internet job search sites regularly. Hoping you find the one for you!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I've learned anything when it comes to a career is this, if you are good at what you do and you know you are it won't be long before somebody realizes that and makes you part of their team. A company will not pass up someone who they know will be an asset to the workplace. Keep your head up high and remember that you are only as good as you make yourself out to be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same boat here. Luckily I had enough saved up to last me a while and I have no monthly bills to speak of.

So I am in no hurry to find a new job. Going to ride the motorcycle south for a month or so before I get back to the grind.

·
Sooper Dee Dooper Moderator
5,276 Posts
That stinks. I lost my job as a business analyst some time ago. It will work out and you'll be in a better position than before. Good luck and I'll pray for your job search.

·
Super Moderator
22,500 Posts
sorry to read this...hope something turns up soon. Good luck and put your trust in THE ONE above. Take care.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Wht company did you work for? My company in Mass just laid off a bunch of people. a few of my friends got it. just wondered it it is the same place

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First of all, thank you for the well wishes! It really means a lot.
10-64 - I am nowhere near retirement age. I like to believe that I will be working till the day that I die. I like what I do and I like the environment. As I told the HR team, working is my hobby. My real job is raising my two daughters and being with my wife. Also, the government takes too much out of me to sit back and relax on my laurels.

Beezer - Any time you want lasagna… Come on UP boy! I just dropped one of to my former chiropractor because she just gave birth to a beautiful girl.

PsycO – Prayers are the answer. Where one door closes another one opens. And if you can’t find the door make one **** it!

Zoooom22 – Booz Allen is a highly up there technical company. That is where Snowden was from. I have a relative that works for them in the beltway. When they heard that I was let go, they said they would make some inquires. Last time I saw them we were talking about storage space and they were making up their own terminology because no one had ever talked this high. If my memory serves me, they were talking about OPUS BYTES. Yes, the penguin from Bloom County. Hmmm, It would be interesting if I would work in governmental contracts again. Do you think they would pay me $10.10 an hour? High hopes… J

OzriderC5OT – I actually updated my resume about a week ago and had some friend critique it for me. I had a sneaking suspicion that the axe was “falling” a couple of months ago. I was not blindsided at all.

TRAVR6 – You seem like a smart and lucky person. I am not in that boat. I have a good package. The company did take care of me. Yes it suxs to be let go and told you are not needed. But I did not measure my life with what I did there. I measure my life on my family. I am well blessed and well rewarded. The trials and risks are tough, but the rewards of the family are great.

Wood Welder – You have been on my mind. Your trials have been great this early part of the year. You are also in my thoughts and prayers each and every day.

DCinCT – When are we riding? I think I have time?

Randygeb – You live in my area, I bet you know the company if not the type of product. I worked for a company called Turbine. They make online games called “Lord of the Rings Online” LOTRO, “Dungeons and Dragons Online” DDO, Asherons Call and Asherons Call 2 and they just went open beta with another game called “Infinite Crisis” (IC). I always wondered how much they had to pay the Federal Government for that name and website. ;-) I am not allowed to say how many were let go, but it was considerable. I cannot complain. I think that most governments are bloated and need to be trimmed. So why cannot believe that some private / public companies be trimmed too? If you were not thinking of that company, then you could have been thinking of Zynga?

Everyone that I did not mention, I thank you for your thoughts and prayers and let me just say you humble me. Thank you

·
Administrator
29,710 Posts
I f it is any comfort, the Chinese symbols for crisis and opportunity are the same. These things always happen for a reason. Use what you have learned and patiently find another role that suits you and another organization.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts