Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I start tearing my bike apart to put on the HK pipes and Thunder air intake, what "extra" parts, sealants, etc will I need to get it right? I hate it when you're knee-deep in an install and you realize you needed something else. I like to get it all in advance then just have at it 'til I'm finished! (boy, that didn't come out right, but you know what I mean!)
:oops:

I have a new torque wrench, the ft.lb spec's for the bolts (air and exhaust bolts), 2 new copper crush exhaust gaskets, and all the tools I'll need. I'm just waiting on the PC and longer bolts from HK.

And yes, I will photo-document the process and post the pix... :roll:

Thanks for any last-minute help with the "details"...
Best,
Daryl

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I second the use of Loctite on the bolts for the Thunder Air kit.

They will vibrate out. It happened to me and I believe the Volusianator mentioned the problem on his old Vol also. We both had the Hurricane, but I think the mounting adapter is the same for the Tornado.

One of the bolts vibrated partially out and ending up breaking. I was afraid I was going to have to drill out the small bolt, but since it had vibrated loose I was able to work it out.

If the blue Loctite comes in a red bottle, what color bottle does the red Loctite come in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts