Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

Western Mass Ride Saturday May 10th

2K views 51 replies 14 participants last post by  moenko 
#1 ·
We'll be leaving the Ludlow Friendlies / Subway parking lot at 11:00 sharp.

We will be ther starting at 10:30 (gotta have a coffee). There is a Dunkin Donuts and gas station right there as well.

This is located directly across from Ludlow Exit 7 off the Mass Pike.

For those with GPS type in 477 Center St, Ludlow MA 01056

We will be heading North around the Quabbin for our first ride this year. Stopping for lunch at the Famous Burger and Onion Ring spot in Athol at around noon for lunch. We should be back in Ludlow by around 3:00 or so.

Please post here if your planning on coming before Thursday if possible. I like to give the burger place a heads up when we have a large group coming in for lunch.

All are welcome to attend. I made this ride a little shorter and starting a little later so those that would like to travel can attend.

Again - please post below if you are planning on coming.

~Jay

See less See more
#3 ·
If Steve is up to hitting the highway to get there then we might make it. Not sure what his comfort level will be. I will let you know later in the week.

#4 ·
One of these times I'll get those onion rings, but not this Saturday. Local festival here that the wife and I will be attending. Of course, if you guys want to ride to Albany for Tulipfest....

#6 ·
Pbryon - I think I'll have to pass on Tulipfest this time. Those onion rings are soooooo good. Get the wife on the back ands tell her we're going looking for wildflowers.

FBC - you have to get Steve out practicing this week. That's what I'm going to do with Mmmagicfingers.

Tony - hope you can make it.

#7 ·
With any luck I will be coming with Ken (the_snake1201) on Saturday.... we would have to be back in Ludlow now later than 2.30 - 3pm, though! Guess that should work.

#8 ·
moenko said:
With any luck I will be coming with Ken (the_snake1201) on Saturday.... we would have to be back in Ludlow now later than 2.30 - 3pm, though! Guess that should work.
Just need to find a place to drop off my daughter and I'm in. Maybe I should talk the wife into taking Saturdays off so I can get in a little more saddle time!

#9 ·
Well, Steve isn't going to be ready for a group ride by Saturday, so I will have to pass. Oh, the sacrifices one has to make in a marriage... :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's worth it... :wink:

#12 ·
the_snake1201 said:
I'm in.

Carsten - shoot me a pm with the time & place you want to meet.
Ken, if the weather holds out, I suggest we meet around 09:45 a.m. at my house... will send you PM with address. Cheers, Carsten

#14 ·
Not calling for any rain Saturday in my zip code (01056) :D :D

#15 ·
OK - so now they changed it again :evil:

Since the forecast changes every frikkin 2 hours, we'll make the call Saturday Morning @ 8:30AM - I'll post an update here.

#17 ·
the_snake1201 said:
Capt Cruiser said:
OK - so now they changed it again :evil:

Since the forecast changes every frikkin 2 hours, we'll make the call Saturday Morning @ 8:30AM - I'll post an update here.
Can we shoot for 8am? I should be on the road by 8:30 if it's a go.
Yes - 8:00 it is!!!

#20 ·
Weather report this morning says rain will linger until noon tomorrow. If it rains, I will be out for tomorrow. Sunday will be 70°F and sunny (I know, it's Mother's day but since my mom is 3,000 miles east, I am going to ride either way). Will check this site at 8 am tomorrow at which point we can make the call. DARN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :curse:

#23 ·
moenko said:
8 o'clock check tomorrow morning !!! The "Blue Lady" is ready and willing 8)
The "Blue Lady"............. I was expecting something a little more ..... um ..... you know, something like "Blue Thunder" or "Smuggler's Blues"

So much for your macho "Arnold" image. Don't worry - we'll toughen you up at the Yankee Rally.

#25 ·
If you get there early enough tomorrow you will be able to stop in and see Pam 8)

We are meeting in the parking lot right next door.

#26 ·
Nah, she already has my number - I think she's intimmidated by sophistication dressed in black leather :lol:

Capt Cruiser said:
If you get there early enough tomorrow you will be able to stop in and see Pam 8)

We are meeting in the parking lot right next door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.