Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wayhappy: :scoot:
Went for my first "real" ride tonight - 15 miles out of town, and it felt GREAT!!!!
Up to now I've been taking short treks around town, this time Capt. lead me out on the road.....WOOOOHOOOO it was a blast....
Let's do it again, and again, and...... :scoot:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the ride. Just remember to be alert out there, too many other people on the road aren't.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Fantastic!!!!!!!! It just gets better!!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Now keep on going and enjoy every ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,446 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Way to go! :applause:

Cheers!

·
Administrator
16,391 Posts
You did great!!!!! :applause:

Today we threw in stopping at an intersection on a hill. Some up and down terrain. Tomorrow the ride gets longer!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikestang said:
Just about turned 600 miles tonight myself
it just gets better every time out

big differnce tonight was my new windsheild
Let's see some pics of your bike Mike!

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
That is awesome! I have yet to get Steve out. I am hoping for maybe tomorrow evening. Definitely Saturday at some point for sure.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
:wayhappy: I remember my first ROAD ride (other than on grass in the soccer field). My tummy was full of butterflies. felt kinda like when i held hands for the 1st time.

we went 15 miles to the next town that had a gas station with a parking lot, not by choice, but cuz that was what I was looking for to turn around in. didn't want to attempt a 2 lane turn around on the road

good luck, ENJOY but never get too comfortable

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Just one question Michelle: WHO rode the purple V-Star, you or Jay ??? :biglaugh:

Congrats on the first ride, now you're hooked ;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
I think my first real ride was on my way to take my riders test!

I'd spent most of my 60 day permit, practicing the skills I needed to pass the riders test, and really hadn't been on the road that much.

It was about 12 miles to the DMV, and I really think that was the worst 12 miles of my riding career!

There was some construction on the way down, so the road was all cut up! And of course, the had one lane closed, so I'm dealing with folks cutting over at the last minute!

I arrived at the DMV half flustered already. But i had left myself plenty of extra time, so i got to calm down!

I passed the test with flying colors in the of Kawasaki, and three weeks later bought my Vol.

It just seemed like having that endorsement gave me that final boost of confidence that I actually belonged on the bike, and I started to see the things that bothered me as fun challenges, instead of just being obstacles!

Night rides, fog, tall bridges!

You are on your way to a great adventure, savor the moments! Even though I'm still learning every time I go out, I still remember a lot of those first as great moments!

Congrats and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was going to start the same thread but thought i would just tag on this one. First off Congrats to you. I also went on my first ride yesterday. The weather was so nice in CT i couldn't resist going out, it was only supposed to be around my neighborhood, (as i dont officially have a permit yet, getting it wed morning)but that quickly turned into 60 mile trip to no where. I never wanted it to stop. I am soooo hooked, the feeling is indescribable till you actually do it. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts