Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Suzuki intruder 1400, went down on the right side due to another drivers negligence and now I am having electrical issues it is acting like I have a grounding issue, is the stator my problem as I know it is located on the right side of the bike. Do I need to tear of the stator cover and see if the stator is loose. or if the coil in the stator is jarred out of place. Bike didn't really take any damage to it other than the tank getting dented and the throttle control getting damaged. Any info would be greatly appreciated.:blackeye:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Can you be more specific on electrical issues? Charging? Low battery, dim lights, flickering?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Not saying it's impossible but I highly doubt it's the stator. Unless you can see wiring cut from the hit or road abrasion I would check all the fuses if they are seated but more than likely the battery may have shorted from the impact forces..
Just guessing due to the lack of info.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Tighten

Tighten all the connections, battery posts, relays and other connections under your seat! I had bizarre problems, went to check battery voltage and found one screw loose! On the battery!!!! Tightened it and never had another issue!

Another issue could be a broken connection inside the battery!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts