Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 170 Posts

·
Administrator
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
morning cricket...now that your gender has been revealed, hope you take my "other gender" comments/posts with what they are meant to be...useless jibberish posted by an idiot for no other reason than to stir the pot...or as Beez would understand, another unnecessary cook adding rocks to the soup when no one is looking...pass the salt please.
No worries at all. :cool:

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I am seeing an image in both of those posts along with your last one there. You still can't?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

- Cricket
Well Bo my Weevil and stuff me with chitterlings!
It worked!
Thank you, I would never have thought of that!

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
morning cricket...now that your gender has been revealed, hope you take my "other gender" comments/posts with what they are meant to be...useless jibberish posted by an idiot for no other reason than to stir the pot...or as Beez would understand, another unnecessary cook adding rocks to the soup when no one is looking...pass the salt please.
Don't worry, Dennis. We warn everyone not to take the monkey seriously.

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
I've been playing around with that 6-digit number replacing images issue, and I noticed that if I try to edit any of the posts that show the number, I can see the image as an attachment on the post. That doesn't work for everyone, since I've got mod permissions, but the image is there, it's just not showing up.

I'm going to paste a screenshot of the VR logo below. If I'm right it won't show up, but if you try to edit my post you'll see it as an attachment at the bottom.

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
And, of course, it shows up in this thread, but I just did it in the "Political Meme" thread and it gave me the 6-digit number.

·
Administrator
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #111 (Edited)
I've been playing around with that 6-digit number replacing images issue, and I noticed that if I try to edit any of the posts that show the number, I can see the image as an attachment on the post. That doesn't work for everyone, since I've got mod permissions, but the image is there, it's just not showing up.

I'm going to paste a screenshot of the VR logo below. If I'm right it won't show up, but if you try to edit my post you'll see it as an attachment at the bottom.

View attachment 144399
I see it fine. Let's see if we can find a common thing that causes it during upload.

It is only on phones? Tapatalk? Only 3rd party images? If so, are they linked from a secure HTTPS site? Is it only in specific forum sections? If so, do those sections require being logged in to post? Have y'all cleared your cache?

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
I see it fine. Let's see if we can find a common thing that causes it during upload.

It is only on phones? Tapatalk? Only 3rd party images? If so, are they linked from a secure HTTPS site? Is it only in specific forum sections? If so, do those sections require being logged in to post? Have y'all cleared your cache?

- Cricket
Yeah, the pics I posted here are showing up fine.

Try this one -> https://www.volusiariders.com/threads/political-meme-thread.416954/post-5098966

and the one after it in the same thread.

Here's what I see there:

I'm currently on my laptop, using Chrome v81, cookies and cache cleared.

I don't know where @mdram got those images from, or how he tried to post them. There are a few posts from me earlier in that thread where I uploaded the same image multiple times using 4 different methods and got different results depending on how I added them. See post 219-222 for my tests.

I actually don't seem to have a problem if the image is 3rd party hosted, I seem to only see it when I either try to upload an image or do the copy/paste directly into the post editor box.

·
Administrator
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I am going to have to do more troubleshooting. Did you clear your browser cache? Have you tried in more than 1 browser?

The images are definitely there for me.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
I am going to have to do more troubleshooting. Did you clear your browser cache? Have you tried in more than 1 browser?

The images are definitely there for me.
View attachment 144404
- Cricket
I definitely cleared the cache, and I get the same thing on multiple machines. What's weird is that the two previous messages from mdram (228&229) weren't showing the pics for me around lunch today, but I see them now. The laptop I was using at work is running Fedora and Firefox. At the moment, I'm on a Chromebook, Chrome of course. I see the images in Tapatalk, and on the mobile site, using Chrome on an Android phone.

This is definitely the weirdest problem iI think I've ever seen. It's like the site is just randomly deciding which devices it like we which it doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
24,474 Posts
Clearing cache didn't help, and I have no idea why this did, but I went ahead and cleared out cookies too. After doing that, those last two images from mdram show up. When I went back to previous posts in that thread though, I still see the 6-digit numbers.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I just uploaded a picture here: https://www.volusiariders.com/threads/86-f250-before-i-get-taken-to-the-bank-riddle-me-this.418801/page-2#post-5099052
Post #27.
Again it loaded up and looked fine until I hit post, then it became numbers.
I uploaded the image from my computer using the insert image icon.
I then refreshed, and same thing, numbers.
I emptied my cache, and same thing.

I'm going to try it again here using a different method.

Interesting.
This time instead of using the click here to add image, I just dragged the picture in, and it looks like it's working.
Hmmmmm, strange thing this Xenforo.

101 - 120 of 170 Posts