4,646 Posts
Just a super quick photoshop.
Things could be brighter and cheerier.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks.

It shows, for some reason, as volusiariders.com/#/
I have no idea where that /#/ came from.
I changed the bookmark to plain old volusiariders.com and so far, the pop-over hasn't appeared. That might have been the solution.

If the problem shows up again, I'll try clearing the cache and report back.

·
Registered
141 Posts
OK, No joy. The sign in with facebook/google play appears, but it doesn't show until I take some action, like accessing a forum discussion. Another request popover related to the site shows up too...I forget what it was asking because it was immediately obscured by a third popover asking if I want to receive push notifications, with no option other than "yes" or "not now," which guarantees that it'll ask again. I don't want "not now." I want "No, and stop bothering me about it forever." :)
This only happens when I access the site on my phone. I'm going to stop doing that until the site stops pestering me.
Grrrrr.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
OK, No joy. The sign in with facebook/google play appears, but it doesn't show until I take some action, like accessing a forum discussion. Another request popover related to the site shows up too...I forget what it was asking because it was immediately obscured by a third popover asking if I want to receive push notifications, with no option other than "yes" or "not now," which guarantees that it'll ask again. I don't want "not now." I want "No, and stop bothering me about it forever." :)
This only happens when I access the site on my phone. I'm going to stop doing that until the site stops pestering me.
Grrrrr.
Clicking not now will make it go away unless you clear your session by logging out.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
23,880 Posts
Hey, Cricket, images are borked at this point. If I try to add an image via the "link" option below I get the message, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator."

If I try to do a copy pasta on the image into the reply box it looks like it's going to work and shows the image in the editor, but then gives me a 6-digit number, like this:

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Can I get some more information from you about which device members are using to access the site? And which method they are using to add images? Does it happen with all images or is it specific to really large images?

So far I am unable to replicate this.

Test image below.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
23,880 Posts
I use Tapatalk about 99% of the time and from there I usually use the BB Code method of linking an image from another site.

Code:
[img]https://contoso.com/image.jpg[/img]
If I'm on the computer I'll click on the image option in the toolbar and use the link option.

In the case of the image above, I just did a screenshot and then pasted it directly into the editor. A nice trick when it works.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Tapatalk is not something I have a lot of control over. But I have seen some image issue for those who use it.

For uploading from your computer, I recommend copy/paste, drag and drop, or the image icon button, not the attachment option.

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
We were able to right clik an image on other websites and paste them in the box and they showed. Then that stopped working on the computer. Was it too easy or what?

·
Super Moderator
23,880 Posts
I don't expect you to fix Tapatalk, I am just providing information about how it is or is not working because I figured it might help troubleshoot the issue.

I don't know about the other guys, but I rarely actually upload images to the site. I usually just link to images on other sites. If I'm going to do that, it seems a bit excessive to save the image to my computer and then upload it back here. That's not a major issue if I happen to be on my computer, but if I'm on mobile, which I am about 99% of the time, it's a nightmare to try to do that.

Here are some examples for you. Check out posts #219-222 in this thread -> https://www.volusiariders.com/threads/political-meme-thread.416954/post-5098523

I used the same image for all four posts and am currently on my computer using Firefox. I added a note to each post explaining how I was adding the image and did all four ways I can think of.

Inserting the link using the button at the bottom -> Worked as expected
Inserting the link using BB Code tags -> Worked as expected
Right click image and copy, then paste into the editor -> Added a "view attachment" link that doesn't work
Downloading the image to my system and then uploading in the editor -> Inserted a 6-digit number

Hopefully that helps, but if you need more information, please let me know. Just to level set things, my day job is as a manager for an MSP and I've been working in IT since '97 with a BS in Comp Sci and a string of industry certs from MS, Cisco, and CompTIA.

I'm happy to help in any way I can, just let me know what I can do. You can PM me and I'll be happy to give you my direct email or cell phone number.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I don't expect you to fix Tapatalk, I am just providing information about how it is or is not working because I figured it might help troubleshoot the issue.

I don't know about the other guys, but I rarely actually upload images to the site. I usually just link to images on other sites. If I'm going to do that, it seems a bit excessive to save the image to my computer and then upload it back here. That's not a major issue if I happen to be on my computer, but if I'm on mobile, which I am about 99% of the time, it's a nightmare to try to do that.

Here are some examples for you. Check out posts #219-222 in this thread -> https://www.volusiariders.com/threads/political-meme-thread.416954/post-5098523

I used the same image for all four posts and am currently on my computer using Firefox. I added a note to each post explaining how I was adding the image and did all four ways I can think of.

Inserting the link using the button at the bottom -> Worked as expected
Inserting the link using BB Code tags -> Worked as expected
Right click image and copy, then paste into the editor -> Added a "view attachment" link that doesn't work
Downloading the image to my system and then uploading in the editor -> Inserted a 6-digit number

Hopefully that helps, but if you need more information, please let me know. Just to level set things, my day job is as a manager for an MSP and I've been working in IT since '97 with a BS in Comp Sci and a string of industry certs from MS, Cisco, and CompTIA.

I'm happy to help in any way I can, just let me know what I can do. You can PM me and I'll be happy to give you my direct email or cell phone number.
The troubleshooting is helping. I have passed on this information to the techs.

I appreciate you. :)

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
In regards to Whiskey's post:

when I do that, I get the 6 digit number.
I primarily use my Windows PC and Firefox to come to the site. FWIW.

61 - 80 of 129 Posts