Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Administrator
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Question: For about a week after the change-over I would get a yellow bar stating an error has occurred message when I access the site from my phone. I could see I was on the main page, but no forums would load.

That's gone now, but instead I get a popup that covers a third of the screen asking me to...

Join now to ask and comment
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
or sign up with email

I can see that I'm already signed in, and I know it's easy enough to X-out of the popup, but is this something that's likely to go away at some point or is there a way to stop it?
A small annoyance, but an annoyance anyway.

BTW: Android Phone Samsung Galaxy ... Also, no problems on my desktop. Just on the phone.
First, let's make sure that from your phone you are using this URL to access the site.

If you are, can you clear the cache on your mobile browser?

- Cricket

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks.

It shows, for some reason, as volusiariders.com/#/
I have no idea where that /#/ came from.
I changed the bookmark to plain old volusiariders.com and so far, the pop-over hasn't appeared. That might have been the solution.

If the problem shows up again, I'll try clearing the cache and report back.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
just used the insert photo option...nice not to have to upload from Imgur. Thanks for that option.

·
Administrator
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
just used the insert photo option...nice not to have to upload from Imgur. Thanks for that option.
I love that I can just copy/paste an image into the text editor or just drag and drop it from my desktop too! :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
20,916 Posts
Am I missing it? I can't tell which new members I've already welcomed. The old way had a check mark that you've posted to but nothing I can see marks where I've posted to.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Ok, now this is just dumb.
I went to edit a post for a typo, and got this message.
You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days
That's just stupid.
It's my post, I want to edit it.
Is this like some kind of punishment?

·
Administrator
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ok, now this is just dumb.
I went to edit a post for a typo, and got this message.

That's just stupid.
It's my post, I want to edit it.
Is this like some kind of punishment?
Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Am I missing it? I can't tell which new members I've already welcomed. The old way had a check mark that you've posted to but nothing I can see marks where I've posted to.
was a nice feature in the past...

·
Administrator
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Depending on your preference settings, this can be accomplished.

Step One: Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

- Cricket

·
Registered
20,916 Posts
When I hit acct . settings, I don't get the left hand choices. All it does is let me change my email settings.

41 - 60 of 189 Posts