Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 129 Posts

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Cricket, I had a little picture that I liked a lot that was part of my signature. Poof, gone today.

May I put it back? Or does the new software not allow an image within a signature?
It may be the way it was previously uploaded. We do allow and image to be displayed.

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is there a way to get rid of the ads. Before once you signed in the ads would stop.
I wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all the feedback

That being said, this site is supported by ads.

As you already know, that’s how we keep the lights on around here. As it turns out, servers, bandwidth, security, and maintenance aren’t free. ;)

We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming weeks that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Where is the statistics listing, or a way to see all my threads started or posts?
The standard batch of basic iphone/google smileys suck.
Also, the latest activity in profile might be it, but maybe it isn't turned on. There's nothing there.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Where is the statistics listing, or a way to see all my threads started or posts?
How To Find Your Content

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “my profile”.

Click on the number below discussions.

You can also click your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select following.

On the following page, click on My Discussions.

The standard batch of basic iphone/google smileys suck.
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Ok thanks!

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
Cricket,
Got any pics of yourself you'd like to share. It's nice to put a face to a name we're talking to.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cricket,
Got any pics of yourself you'd like to share. It's nice to put a face to a name we're talking to.
I'm usually the one behind the camera so there are very few pictures of me anywhere.

I tend to be in sweatpants and hoodies.

and I tend to be doing this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
As an old Dog, I have been told many times that I cannot learn new tricks.......but I figured this out.

My philosophy, change is neither good nor bad, it is what I do with change that determines my outcome.

Change is inevitable, therefore I remain flexible until I see if I can make it work for me.

So far, okay.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How To Save (Bookmark) Threads Or Posts

This is a great option for those times when you want to save a thread to come back to later. At the bottom of the post, you will see “save”. Click on it.

Once you click on it you can add any notes to remind yourself and then simply click to save.

When you are ready to find the saved bookmarks again later, from the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “bookmarks”.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I'm finding that Suzuki license plate disturbing.
It can be be seen facing left, or facing right.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
How's about turning on the custom user titles???

·
Super Moderator
4,287 Posts
You still can Dennis, by tapping on the small avatar (monkey)to the left....like touch it, and a drop down menu shows that!!!!
Monkey Man, from Columbia Coffee

·
Registered
19,344 Posts
So, is there a reason that I cannot get the new site to load on any of my android devices using the Chrome mobile browser? I've already cleared my cache and logged out of the Google sync but every time I try to launch the site on my mobile browser, it responds with "an error occurred". If the answer is "install out app", forget it.

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So, is there a reason that I cannot get the new site to load on any of my android devices using the Chrome mobile browser? I've already cleared my cache and logged out of the Google sync but every time I try to launch the site on my mobile browser, it responds with "an error occurred". If the answer is "install out app", forget it.
Are you using the following link?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

- Cricket

·
Registered
141 Posts
Question: For about a week after the change-over I would get a yellow bar stating an error has occurred message when I access the site from my phone. I could see I was on the main page, but no forums would load.

That's gone now, but instead I get a popup that covers a third of the screen asking me to...

Join now to ask and comment
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
or sign up with email

I can see that I'm already signed in, and I know it's easy enough to X-out of the popup, but is this something that's likely to go away at some point or is there a way to stop it?
A small annoyance, but an annoyance anyway.

BTW: Android Phone Samsung Galaxy ... Also, no problems on my desktop. Just on the phone.

21 - 40 of 129 Posts