Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Weather Channel screwed me. Or at least the preloaded weather app on my smartphone that gets it's info from the Weather Channel.

On the bright side, after 7 years, I now have a rain suit. I'm wondering what say you all on gloves. Is there a particular brand you favor or should I just see what's on sale?

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Don't fool around with cheap gloves that claim to be waterproof. If you can spend a few extra dollars, go with gloves with GoreTex. If you take care of them, they will last forever (or close to it).

·
Registered
453 Posts
Don't fool around with cheap gloves that claim to be waterproof.
^^^
+1
I am looking for a pair now to replace the Rocket sub zero/waterproof gloves I threw away. They were inexpensive and on sale, advertized as waterproof. The thermal liner went all the way to the end of the gauntlet cuff, the back draft carried water mist into the cuff and it wicked all the way to the end of the fingers. After an hour or two, I could almost pour the water out of the glove, total trash.

Can anyone recommend a brand and style?

Good hunting

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
I have three pairs of allegedly 'waterproof' gloves. Given enough rain, even the most robust pair will soak through. And they take forever to dry once that happens.

My life hack is to buy a box of nitrile gloves (like surgical gloves) and I put those on first, then the waterproof gloves over those. So far, that seems to work best.

Reactions: BikerOD71

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I searched on Revzilla, and came up with 44 Gore-Tex Gloves, ranging in price from $110-$290. Again, not cheap, but worth every penny. If you follow the link to the page, scroll down to narrow the Category (listed on the left), and select Gore-Tex.

Waterproof Motorcycle Gloves - RevZilla[]=693&page=1&page_size=96&sort=featured&tab=all

·
Registered
453 Posts
Also, BMW has great private labeled Gore-Tex gloves and their prices are surprisingly very reasonable. I have the Pro Winter 2 gloves, and I really like them. Paid $149 for them.

BMW Motorcycle Gloves - A&S BMW Motorcycle Parts, Apparel and Accessories
Thanks, Snake. I took a long look and then remembered I have a pair of military surplus Belleville Intermediate Cold/Wet boots that I think I could wear while taking a swim and still come out with dry toes. (Please note I never served and did not earn these boots. I bought them two years ago as surplus for about $35 plus freight. One of the advantages of wearing a size 13N).

That got me looking at military gloves and I just ordered a pair of Ansell Hawkeye ICW gloves represented as having a Gore-Tex liner. New in box with shipping for $23.39 so if they don't work out, no big loss.

Any service men or women out there that had these?

Thanks and good hunting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.