1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Haven't seen one here yet, but our news comes out of Portland.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Very cool, thanks for the heads up. Which channel?

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Law enforcement and safety councils in WA state have recognized that on the few days when the sun comes out riders go out. Many bikes with low mileage and low rider experience.

Motorcycle safety "emphasis" (read harassment) programs have been instituted that include news spots with aerial footage of 'busas doing 140 on the freeways (they caught him).

I think most of this is great, but if it trickles down to Frederickson ticketed for 5 over on a country road I'll be pi$$ed.
~FF~

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Frederickson Flier said:
Law enforcement and safety councils in WA state have recognized that on the few days when the sun comes out riders go out. Many bikes with low mileage and low rider experience.

Motorcycle safety "emphasis" (read harassment) programs have been instituted that include news spots with aerial footage of 'busas doing 140 on the freeways (they caught him).

I think most of this is great, but if it trickles down to Frederickson ticketed for 5 over on a country road I'll be pi$$ed.
~FF~
I don't read harassment at all. I'm tired of scraping anarchists off the pavement and paying for their high insurance rates.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Hopefully the campaign will do some good.

I was on a PGR mission this weekend and one of the Busa riders, active duty military, was bragging to me how he has made the Ft Lewis to Vancouver run in as little as 35 minutes before. For those unfamiliar with the state, that is a 120 mile ride.

Those kind of riders need to be educated with either a ticket or a class or the road will educate them all by itself and we will be stuck with that bill.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
We got notice in the Province paper in BC that the RCMP are going to crack down on Motorcyclists that are speeding. WTF.

Shouldn't they crack down on all speeders........

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
OTG said:

I was on a PGR mission this weekend and one of the Busa riders, active duty military, was bragging to me how he has made the Ft Lewis to Vancouver run in as little as 35 minutes before. For those unfamiliar with the state, that is a 120 mile ride.

Those kind of riders need to be educated with either a ticket or a class or the road will educate them all by itself and we will be stuck with that bill.
I do have to clarify that he said from the South end of Ft Lewis to Vancouver. No way he did 120 miles in 35 minutes...it took me a while to think that one through and I should have caught it before I posted it.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Skamaniac & OTG, what Summergirl said was what I was trying to imply. Singling out riders and not having these focused efforts publicized for cagers is why I termed it harassment.

Forums are a hard way to make a point in sensitive issues. Sorry if I came across rude.
~FF~

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
OTG said:
OTG said:

I do have to clarify that he said from the South end of Ft Lewis to Vancouver. No way he did 120 miles in 35 minutes...it took me a while to think that one through and I should have caught it before I posted it.
You mean he didn't really average 206 mph over 120 miles. Thought it might have been buring jet fuel.

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Counter Steer said:
OTG said:
OTG said:

You mean he didn't really average 206 mph over 120 miles. Thought it might have been buring jet fuel.

LOL...no, I did the math in my head driving down the road long after I posted originally and decided I had better correct my statement. He might be an idiot but he's not riding a rocket.

FF: I took no offense and found no rudeness in your post. In fact I thought I had reiterated the same thing you said. 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts