Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ride has been in [and out ] all winter . Spring broke and I have been scootin as much as I can . Left work today , early and pissed off , got a twelve pack and cleaned , polished , waxed and windexed the bike . Felt GREAT!!!!! . Looks good and cant wait to ride again in the A.M. [Hope I still have a job ] F-it the ride will be worth it !

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
I know how you feel I've left work before saying a few bad word's on the way out. They never fired me, I'm not that lucky! :lol: Hope tomorrow bring's you a better day.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Nothing better that dirtying up a nice clean bike!!

Be careful using the windex though. They say it will ruin your windshield if that's what you were using it on! Better off to stick to either a wet rag or some lemon pledge. Or if your want to spend the big bucks, buy yourself a can of Plexus. It's pricey, but lasts a while.

·
Registered
679 Posts
CyBeRDiVeR said:
Be careful using the windex though. They say it will ruin your windshield if that's what you were using it on! Better off to stick to either a wet rag or some lemon pledge. Or if your want to spend the big bucks, buy yourself a can of Plexus. It's pricey, but lasts a while.
I got this stuff from ACE Hardware "Plaskolite Plastic Cleaner" It says its for use for Optix, Duraplex, Lexan and other plastics. Used it all last summer and it works pretty good. Its $5 for 8oz.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
RobertHaw said:
CyBeRDiVeR said:
I got this stuff from ACE Hardware "Plaskolite Plastic Cleaner" It says its for use for Optix, Duraplex, Lexan and other plastics. Used it all last summer and it works pretty good. Its $5 for 8oz.

I wish they would make rain x for plastic. Sure would help with the love bugs down here in FL!

·
Registered
166 Posts
How about just straight old turtle wax for the windshield. Works great on my cars. All it does is fill in the tiny holes/imperfections on the glass/plastic and makes the water bead. Also helps with bug removal.

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
CyBeRDiVeR said:
RobertHaw said:
CyBeRDiVeR said:

I wish they would make rain x for plastic. Sure would help with the love bugs down here in FL!

If love bugs were worth a penny apiece I'd be filthy rich!!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
CyBeRDiVeR said:
RobertHaw said:
CyBeRDiVeR said:

They make Rain-X for boats (plastic windshield) just go to the marine supply store.

Ride Safe,
Rex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts