Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Boulevard three years ago. A few months ago the engine cracked open, spilling the cooling fluid etc behind me as I slowly managed to ride it home. Fortunately I had purchased a full warranty. With that in place, my dealer, Alberta Cycle sent someone out to my place and put the bike on their trailer and took it to the dealership. The warranty took care of everything including a new engine installed. When my bike my was delivered to me it arrived looking as if it was new.
May i suggest you make sure you have a full warranty too.

Graydon, 76 years old and still riding.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Was this a factory, extended warranty, or add on from another company? Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I was expecting a rant when I saw the post.
I've never heard of a warranty story going this well. Usually it's fighting and arguing to get the basic coverage that was initially promised.
Glad it was positive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After the work was done, my C50T was delivered to our home looking brand new but, Western Canadian winter is approaching so it'll be parked for a few months.
PS, My wife and I each bought C50T bikes and (thankfully) added rather expensive six year warrantys.

·
Registered
20,762 Posts
Yours is the first time I have ever heard of one of those dealer warranties paying out. We have an active member who bought one and fought for over a year to get the bike repaired.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Yours is the first time I have ever heard of one of those dealer warranties paying out. We have an active member who bought one and fought for over a year to get the bike repaired.
This is certainly the best experience I've ever heard of.

·
Super Moderator
24,086 Posts
glad it went well...these policys are alot like insurance claims...they want your money to cover unexpected repair expenses you may need down the road that was no fault of the rider but when the time comes to pay up, the sffort it requires to get them to pay up...for many, not so good or happy an ending. Will admit tho my wife has purchased these policys on her last 2 Hyundai Sante Fe's and they both covered repair bills that woiuld have exceeded 3k each time...and with no headaches...me...I'll take my chances.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts