Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been asked a billion times and if someone can point me in the right direction of a post of this nature i would be very thankfull. I got the warning sticker off with a hairdyer and some strong fingernail power but now i cant get that nasty adhesive dull look off my tank. i have been wusing some strong elbo grease and some goo gone and that don;t seem to be doing it can anyone help me on this or tell me where to find a post of similar content. thanks for all you help ahead of time.

·
Registered
785 Posts
WD-40 worked for me. Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much guys for you coments and suggestions im on my way to try the wd-40 right now....

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I've always had good luck with WD40 on all the stickers I've ever removed (even my car windwhields, etc).

·
Administrator
53,895 Posts
That sticker is as useful as the "instruction manual" jargon stamped onto the sides of Sturm-Ruger handgun barrels. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
If it won't move - use wd40

If it won't stay - use duct tape

If neither of those work it's time to replace it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used gas on a rag and just wipe it in the glue. and then roll it off with your finger. Do not soak it with gas just dampen it. You may have to wipe it a few times as it tends to dry out

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
wncC50 said:
I used gas on a rag and just wipe it in the glue. and then roll it off with your finger. Do not soak it with gas just dampen it. You may have to wipe it a few times as it tends to dry out

WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Psyc0 said:
That sticker is as useful as the "instruction manual" jargon stamped onto the sides of Sturm-Ruger handgun barrels. :wink:
I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that verbage ruins the look of an otherwise outstanding firearm.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
After you use the WD40 clean off the area and give it a little wax. Your bike (and the paint) will appreciate the extra massage.

Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts