Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you go the cheap ebay route (I did and do not regret it), you may find that you have to redrill the holes and squeeze the chit out of it to get it to fit. Neither of these things is difficult or noticeable after you install it.

Reactions: 10-64

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I agree with the cheap route but there was no way I could get it to fit mine without redoing the entire mounting hardware on the rack or the sissybar itself so I am without one still
I only had to enlarge the side mounting holes by a fraction to get the round head socket head cap screw to fit. Not sure what else you need to do with if you have stock sissy bar brackets?

·
Registered
23,804 Posts
I got the same one. I had to squeeze the ends and widen 2holes. You should also get some slightly longer bolts. If you look at your bolts, they barely end up flush so after adding the rack, there won't be many threads holding it together.

·
Registered
21,416 Posts
1: Luggage rack fitment is dependent on the manufacture of the sissy bar. there is no standard, so they range in widths, lengths, bolt spacing etc.

2: Drilling out your new luggage rack to make it fit is a BAD idea as the steel used below the chrome plating is VERY poor and rusts quickly

3: You get what you pay for. I had a similar Flea-Bay luggage rack for a while on my C50. Not only did the chrome flake off and the underlying steel rusted in under two years, but the welds broke from the pressure of mounting my topcase to it in place of the sissy bar.

4: Luggage racks have a MAXIMUM weight capacity of only 11-20 pounds. Overloading them is easy to do and they WILL fail after prolonged use if overloaded. If you are planning on actually USING the luggage rack, I would suggest getting much sturdier such as the Wompus Bike Rack

Wompus Bike Racks - Home of Heavy Duty Custom Built Steel Motorcycle Racks

No, they aren't pretty, nor are they inexpensive but they're sturdy and will not fall apart like the cheap Flea-Bay edition.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CASE SOLVED!!!
after looking around and didnt like the prices or fitment I decided to tell a friend
that is a good welder to make me a personalized cargo rack and man i haven't seen any rack as strong as this one not even the oem
we ride more than 1200 milles and bag came back
thank you guys
chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.