Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than displacement and single disc brakes what are the major differences between these models that would be an advantage to get a 1600. I have only sat on an 08 1600 recently and really liked it but I heard of an available new 07 1500 (claims to have cast wheels) for about 8k OTD. It may still be available but not for long. I can wait another year for a 1600 if the price is right and there is a significant difference between the two since I am happy with my C50 with the DJ mod.
I would like to hear from those of you who ride Vulcans for your opinion/comparison.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Anyone with experience/knowledge?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I've got an '07 1500. We were looking at a 1600 as well but it was a little too high for my wife to touch with flat feet even though the seat on the 1600 is a little lower. Aside from the displacement, the main differences are in the body style. Cast wheels, more full looking exhaust on the 1600. You'd really need to see them side by side to notice all the little differences.

I don't think you can go wrong with either bike, they are both nice machines. We are very happy with the 1500, to the point that it's a "forever" bike. My plan was to trade up to a 1600 in a couple years but at this point I'm going to hang onto the C50. It's got better fuel economy and it's a great bike, and I can ride the 1500 whenever I want, so there isn't a real need to make a move.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. The bike sold quick before I could get back to them. Oh well. More deals will come up in late summer or early fall. By then I will have seen both bikes side-by-side as you suggested. For the money I want to be sure to have cast wheels. The bikes have all the features that I would require if I was to move to a large bike and spend the money.

Can anyone suggest some good forums for the Vulcans where I can get some education?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If you are serious about getting a good deal on either of these bikes I would highly suggest doing a new bike search on cycletrader.com. In your search you can enter a distance in miles that you are willing to travel within a radius of your zip code. I was wanting to buy 1600 Vulcan a few years ago and found a brand new one at a dealership in NC for 8k out the door. Turns out they sold it to me and but it was already sold to another guy. The bike had not been correctly removed from their inventory in their computer. I ended up gettting a brand new VN2000 from the same dealer for 10.5k out the door. The suggested retail on this bike at the time was 16k.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Rather than a Vulcan owner, I'll talk as someone always tempted by the latest greatest bike. Every year, they make my bike with something new on it and its tempting. As always, go for a nice long ride and figure out if you want the slightly enhanced version of what you've already got.

Now if its the case you do, I would just find a reasonable deal and go get it. chances are, you are probably going to upgrade again anyhow, so enjoy the ride; if it seems reasonable, snatch it up. But once you go there once, you will be back to the well, this I know.

·
Administrator
29,689 Posts
Oh never mind, I thought it said you already had a 1500 and was looking at the 1600. Sorry. Get the cast wheels.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
i just bought an 06 1800 miles, cherry condition from craigslist 8K still has three warranty :D :D rides like a dream, but still keeping my 03 anni as my rebel

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks as though I'll be considering either a 1600 Classic or Nomad so I'll be watching the deals develop over the next few months. I'll keep tabs on Cycletrader (thanks for the tip Shady) as well as staying in touch with a few other places in Fl. I can afford to wait as long as there is my C50 to ride but the means to buy at any time is there if the right deal comes along. In the meantime the forums should provide some good education (thanks v0lusia and danimal).
I appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.

Cheers!

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
yo bebop

i have a 1600 classic-anytime ya wanna test it out

just let me know

doc

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
dr love said:
yo bebop

just let me know

doc
i'm telling Kathy you called her a classic :lol:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Toe Knee said:
Hello bugman!

(sorry to hi-jack)
hey, how you doin, just bought a new bike now working 6 days 16 hrs. dont that just suck and its springtime

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dr love said:
yo bebop

just let me know

doc
Thanks, I might just have to ride down that way this summer and take you up on that. Christmas is just to far in the future to wait.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
They are both really good bikes.

The 1600 Classic has more power & is almost the same as the Nomad without the shield, back seat and hard bags.
The 1500 has more accessories available.

I have the 1600... if I had seen a NEW 1500 for $8k at the time, I would have probably been riding it. I do love my 1600 though and wouldn't trade it for anything out there. The ride is GREAT.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You can find "new" one's (1600's) that are 06's and 07's for about $8500 to $9500. You can find used ones... $6000 on up.

Or, you can find one's like this.... well taken care of.. and we all know the owner. Just check www.vroc.com also for answers. Many on there, also on here , or are past &/or present C50/Volusia owners. You'll see many on here... that have one or the other 1500 / 1600.

Or, you2000 Vulcan 1500 Classic FI
Red. 47,800 miles.
Stock exhaust pipes
**NEW dealer-installed clutch 4/08.
**NEW maintenance free battery, brake pads, and tires in 2007.
Power Commander PCII (with software & book) LeatherLyke saddlebags Voltage meter on handlebars Kuryakin handlebar grips Headlight modulator (high beam flashes while riding) Flashing brake lights Owner's Manual included.
Asking $3800. Selling because I got a new bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts