Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
I'm ashamed of self centered fans that booed him. He gave this city alot. It wasn't easy to step in and fill the shoes of Peyton, yet he did it in a big way. Those fans can't think of what he gave up to play and the playing in pain. Bet they call of work if they have an ingrown hair.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I'm ashamed of self centered fans that booed him. He gave this city alot. It wasn't easy to step in and fill the shoes of Peyton, yet he did it in a big way. Those fans can't think of what he gave up to play and the playing in pain. Bet they call of work if they have an ingrown hair.
I understand your sentiment and agree.....but I can't help thinking if he was an Eagle, those Philadelphia fans would have hanged him from the roof. So, some booing not so bad......
And for career earnings of 97 million.....you may boo me all you want!

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
can't blame the guy for hanging it up...owed the team a chance to complete at highest level and being honest w/himself, the passion was no longer there...97$$$ buys a lot or earplugs and he'll leave with the respect of his team and owner...best of luck to the colts this season

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
As he said " I don't have the love for the game". That changes everything in the way a person plays. I'm glad he left on his terms and will have time to spend with his new family with out needing a wheelchair or having people repeatedly explaining things to him.
On a side note for Dennis, did his new wife and expecting his first child have anything to do with his decision?? One of those Hmmmmmn things.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
As he said " I don't have the love for the game". That changes everything in the way a person plays. I'm glad he left on his terms and will have time to spend with his new family with out needing a wheelchair or having people repeatedly explaining things to him.
On a side note for Dennis, did his new wife and expecting his first child have anything to do with his decision?? One of those Hmmmmmn things.
Could have been a factor for sure!

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
enough reason right there... obviously the guy can still use logic and common sense and be able to make a smart decision outside of should I try to throw it between 3 defenders or just throw it out of bounds...

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Didn't hurt that he was given ALL his signing bonus $ . That's another $24.8 Million the owner gave him Sunday..

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
It should be fun as I hold my own for 3 quarters only to watch my team fold like the Pirates due every year after the All-Star break. :biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
reminder...first game of season is tommorrow...Thursday...in case you have some players on your roster you want to play for week 1.

·
Super Moderator
20,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
yep...just wanted to remind those like me who wait till sunday morning for making any changes...nothing worse than finding out Friday morning a guy you forgot to move to the starting list had a big day...

61 - 80 of 292 Posts