Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

VR Brother down but not out.

2K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Moto-Suzzi G50 
#1 ·
I just got word by text from Stevokm that he was clipped by an uninsured cager while he was stopped for a school bus.

It sounds like he is pretty bruised up but the bike took the worst of it. Apparently his full face Exo 900 transformer saved him from serious head/face injury.

The police have laid charges against the cager.

Knowing Steve I am sure he will come out of this ok.

Get well and hopefully ride soon!

Cheers George.

#3 ·
Hope the injury is not too bad. Hate to hear these types of reports. Get a judgment against the driver, sue for any income and assets.

#9 ·
Thanks for all the well wishes.
I changed from a half helmet this year to the scorpion transformer Hi Viz.
There are black marks on the left side of the helmet, would have been my face in the half.
I was stopped for a school bus on a four lane road when I looked in my left mirror I saw the white van coming at me and knew he wasn't going to stop in time.
He swerved to the left,clipping my left saddlebag and trunk.
Four off duty LEOs stopped to assist so did two HD riders.
Driver of the van asked why I was stopped, what a frigging idiot and I told him so.
So much for being a polite Canadian.
Couldn't ask for better help or a better outcome.
Due to ATTGAT, no road rash. I will see the bike tomorrow at the impound.
Again thanks to all.

#12 ·
Glad you're ok. It's a good bike that takes the worst of the punishment for the rider....that and the protective gear. ATTGATT all the way!

#13 ·
Steve, George notified me last night about this. Glad to hear you're OK! This could have had a different outcome! Hoping for a speedy recovery.

(I see bike shopping on the horizon this winter. HD??)

#14 ·
Glad to hear you were not hurt. Bikes can be repaired/replaced. It's another unfortunate example of stupid people not paying attention.

#18 ·
Yes I am very lucky to be walking and talking.
ATTGAT is the only way to go.
Saw the bike today, left saddlebag and trunk are trashed.
My main concern is that the crash bar is about 20 degrees bent towards the front of Tba
He bike.
Not sure if that would cause any frame damage.
Bike started immediately, could not get it into gear as the floorboard was broken off.
Probably shift linkage needs to be adjusted.
Here's hoping that it isn't a write off.

#22 ·
I am hoping it all works out well for you with the insurance etc. I know how much you love that bike. Like many have said before , it could have been much worse.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't realize any more injuries once the initial shock subsides and that you get your bike back the way you want it.

#19 ·
Speedy recovery

Glad your in good spirits and that it wasn't worst than expected in these crash sites. A speedy recovery and just take care of yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.