Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VL800 for sale. I put on Craigslist for $3,000 because I know how Craigslist works. You get half what you ask for. Anyway, I'll accept any reasonable over. My.wife and I don't really ride anymore because we try to do a lot of camping with the kids and my kids are into sports. I figured I would sell it to someone that could enjoy it and we can get another one later on in life. I have a couple sets of pipes for the bike. It has extra large or jumbo (can't remember) saddle bags. Hard Krome pipes are on it right now. They are nice looking and pretty loud. Memphis Shades windshield and Suzuki backrest and luggage rack. Also has crash bars and pegs with wind crash bar chaps. Let me know if you are interested. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area but I could deliver it somewhere for the right price.
Jeff

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
Mileage and pics would help your sale

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the delayed response. I've been real busy this week. The bike has 18200 miles and hasn't had any major work done. I have adjusted the valves twice and I replaced the diff seal a couple years ago because it leaked some if you rode it when it was really cold. I'll try to post some pictures. I couldn't get it to work last week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll probably stick around and see what's happening. I'm just taking a break from riding on the street right now. Kids are playing ball a lot and we go camping and off roading when we are free so the bike just sits. I usually pick both kids up from school so it makes it hard to ride to work. And, I'll admit that I'm not as comfortable on the road anymore. Too many idiot's and phones.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
When I sold my FZ6 4 years ago, I had it on CL, Cycletrader and other advertising venues for about 9 months. I ended up selling it for less than half of what I had originally listed the bike for. It was a slow and painful process with a lot of people wasting my time and then hitting me with ridiculously low ball offers. Be patient, the right buyer is out there. You just haven't hit an attractive enough price point yet to get the offers.

·
Super Moderator
58,110 Posts
When I sold my FZ6 4 years ago, I had it on CL, Cycletrader and other advertising venues for about 9 months. I ended up selling it for less than half of what I had originally listed the bike for. It was a slow and painful process with a lot of people wasting my time and then hitting me with ridiculously low ball offers. Be patient, the right buyer is out there. You just haven't hit an attractive enough price point yet to get the offers.
Well no one ever said you were a good negotiator

·
Super Moderator
20,758 Posts
think that price is a good one considering the miles...I wouldn't go lower...tough time of year to sell...shouldn't be but usually those looking for a bike usually begin looking in the spring...never know tho...good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts