Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read some time ago of a mod to Vista Cruise for Kuryakan grips. Don't tell me to search. Been there done that. 100's threads. The mod for Kury is buried in in there somewhere. Did find one for ordering new fillers for Kury for web site but remember someone doing something with a dermal.

·
Registered
972 Posts
vista cruise help

From a kawasaki forum, this worked for me. I found it here:

Vista Cruise Throttle Lock installation on a Kawasaki Vulcan VN800 with Kuryakyn IsoGrips

Couldn't upload to this site cause it's too big. If you're not a member of the kawi forum, you must register, so I put the file on wiki send, (only good for 7 days) just go to the following address and click the download button.

Wikisend: free file sharing service to Install Vista Cruise with ISO Grips.pdf

Of course, number of beers is variable.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
All I had to do to my Vista cruise when I installed my Kury grips from stock grips was, I had to cut the rubber insert that the tiny allen screws tighten against long ways along the length of it almost in half, Then I had to take a small flat blade screwdriver and push it back under the ring for the Vista and install the allen bolts.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I used a piece of bicycle tire tube in place of the rubber grommet. Sliced it with a razor knife to fit under the ring and tightened set screws. Done!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I used a Dremmell and ground out the inside of the Vista piece slightly on the throttle side so it would slip over the inside lip rim of the Kury grip and fit more flush to the throttle housing. I then got a thin vacuum cleaner belt for the rubber insert. I also fabbed a piece of thin metal to attach the Vista to the screw that holds the throttle cables into the housing housing. This eliminates the ugly saddle bracket that Vista uses.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I was looking for. thanks!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
A buddy gave me a vista cruise for 7/8 handle bars. I removed the right grip, cut the bracket off the cruise, adjusted the cruise to full open , measured the OD of the throttle tube, bored out the cruise with it "clamped" (cruise on) position in a mill or you can dremmel, unlatch the vista slide it over the throttle tube, position it for comfortable operation with your thumb, clamp the cruise, drill a tap hole through the bottom of the cruise into the aluminum housing for a 8-32 bolt (you will need to determine the spot for the hole to not hit any vitals inside there is ample space, remove vista drill a clearance hole through it for a 8-32 bolt, put the 8-32 X 3/4" long stainless machine screw through the vista towards the housing thread a stainless nut on the bolt, tap housing, put Loctite on threads and thread in, tighten nut against housing but allow vista to float, adjust tension on vista to clamp tube but let you roll off throttle if needed, install grip leaving a bit of space between it and the cruise.

Did ya get all that? You will probably need to fine tune some things but it makes for a nice clean install. It's worked for 3 years now with only one adjustment of the cruise tension.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts