Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some fact finding for some hard saddlebags and was wondering if anybody has had any experience (good and bad) with Viking

Any information would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
All I can say is ............ NEVER AGAIN WILL I DEAL WITH THEM!

Feel free to PM me

(The BBB has given them an "F" Rating!)

·
Administrator
52,353 Posts
Vikings.......Too narrow to carry anything of size, and the mounting system is not very rugged.

Best bags for the money are the Tsukayu Strongbags, which utilize a 3/8" solid stainless steel mounting system, and strong locking hardware.......not to mention capacity for two, 1 gallon sized milk jugs per side.

Tsukayu Strong (Painted, Primer or TEK Leather) Fiberglass Hard Bags

As for most things in life, "Ya get what's ya pay for!"

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought viking bags 3 weeks after I got the bike because I didn't want to shell out big money for bags. Big mistake! Wouldn't hardly fit a 12 pack of bottles and leaked in a rain storm a month later. Got the jumbo strong bags a week later. Very happy now! Good quality, I can put loads of stuff in there now. One bag will fit a 12 of corona plus a other 6 pack of bottles and my leather jacket. Save your money and get the ones you really want the first time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought viking bags 3 weeks after I got the bike because I didn't want to shell out big money for bags. Big mistake! Wouldn't hardly fit a 12 pack of bottles and leaked in a rain storm a month later. Got the jumbo strong bags a week later. Very happy now! Good quality, I can put loads of stuff in there now. One bag will fit a 12 of corona plus a other 6 pack of bottles and my leather jacket. Save your money and get the ones you really want the first time.
Which ones did you get?
I don't have any experience with the viking hard bags ( I've read some nasty things about them too )
BUT, I do have experience with their normal soft bags. Got their VLX 60Ps and no problems at all. Actually better than the other junk jafrum bags that my neighbor had. They definitely are water proof and pretty **** sturdy. Only complaint I have is t hat the mounting hardware wasn't easier.. kinda a hassle.
You're right about one thing though, they definitely don't fit a 12 pack of bottles. It'll fit a 6 pack at most LOL

Actually if you look at their latest offering here http://www.vikingbags.com/suzuki-boulevard-c50-vl800-volusia-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm , Those brown bags look pretty cool.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No viking

i will never use viking bags again either. They had a nice looking set with locks on them i ordered and were said to be for the C50. 1st off the instructions sucked. they showed a bag with no holes in it and tells you to drill 4 holes but there are already 4 holes in the bag. NONE of which fit the C50 mounting points. So you wind up with 8 holes in the bag, they give you 2 rubber caps for the existing and no reason that i can detect holes that came with the bag but that still leaves you 2 open holes in the bag where water can just come through. Next on to the bolts, the bolts are not long enough to go through the fender to the mounted nut on the inside of the fender. Nor would it mount into that bolt because its imperial and not metric bolts. I went and bought longer bolts but could not find any long enough at that size.

I called Viking and explained the whole situation and was basically told too bad. I said but you advertise these fit my bike and they do not. They said you drilled a hole in them so we can't take returns. I said your crappy instructions say to drill the bag and there is no way to tell the bolt wont fit and the bag wont mount until you drill the hole. They did not care. they said since one bag was not drilled i could send back both and get half refund, which i did with the caveat i would never buy from there again. Customer service guy just kept repeating himself and not reading actuall messages, was a pain.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
**** those champion bags look nice... I was taken a back when I saw thep rice though..

We went from the 200$ Viking price point to...1k Whew...

5x more for paint matching though... ( I would do it if i h ad the cash )

sorry to hear about the mounting troubles with the saddlebags.
I've read about other installation troubles online too, seems hit or miss. regardless seems like a deal to me

·
Registered
439 Posts
Which ones did you get?
I don't have any experience with the viking hard bags ( I've read some nasty things about them too )
BUT, I do have experience with their normal soft bags. Got their VLX 60Ps and no problems at all. Actually better than the other junk jafrum bags that my neighbor had. They definitely are water proof and pretty **** sturdy. Only complaint I have is t hat the mounting hardware wasn't easier.. kinda a hassle.
You're right about one thing though, they definitely don't fit a 12 pack of bottles. It'll fit a 6 pack at most LOL

Actually if you look at their latest offering here http://www.vikingbags.com/suzuki-boulevard-c50-vl800-volusia-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm , Those brown bags look pretty cool.
I don't remember the model# .Sorry There's a Pict in my gallery.
I gave $600 for my jumbo strong bags. Picts in there too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts