Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post here at the forum. I have been lurking a while but wanted to share a video of how i converted my headlight to a HogWorkz Daymaker. I got the general idea for using a jeep headlight mounting ring from another forum member's post (sorry don't remember who, its been a while since i did this and i just finally made the video) but i changed it a bit in trying to avoid having to use a welder. My goal was to not require any welding and do it in a way that only requires basic tools like a Dremel, vise, drill, etc. Hope you find it useful. Sorry my video editing skills are not that polished.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, if the video isn’t helpful or you would have liked to see something else added to it, please let me know so I can improve it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you have to do anything with the wiring? Replace any relays? When I plug my new light in it does not light up.
No not for the day maker light. It just so happened that at the same time I was adding the Kuruakyn constellation light bar and I did run a relay for that but not for the headlight LED. Did you plug in your old halogen bulb and see if it light up in case you blew a fuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the VL 800 have the same headlight as the C50? Just purchased a JW speaker LED light kit was wondering how difficult with my installation be

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the VL 800 have the same headlight as the C50? Just purchased a JW speaker LED light kit was wondering how difficult with my installation be
Not sure maybe some of the more experienced guys can comment. My bike is an 09.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No not for the day maker light. It just so happened that at the same time I was adding the Kuruakyn constellation light bar and I did run a relay for that but not for the headlight LED. Did you plug in your old halogen bulb and see if it light up in case you blew a fuse?
Yea, the old head light works. Fuses are good, maybe just a bad headlight i got. Still gotta play around with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts