Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I know this is "Volusia" Riders, for which I'm a proud yet former owner, but hoping those with Victory knowledge can help here. Can anyone offer the dimensions of the stock and the 2" extended OEM handlebars?

The reason I ask is I just received some used bars I could swear were 2" extended - only via picture. Now that I have them, they seem the same dimensions as my OEM stock ones on my '12 XC (doing basic measurements). Maybe I've made a mistake going off the pics I've seen on the net...

eBay OEM 2" extended listing
Victory Motorcycle 2" Pullback Bars Cross Country Tour Handlebars Chrome | eBay

eBay OEM standard
Victory Cross Country Cross Roads Cross Country Tour Stock Handle Bars | eBay

The "rise" from the risers cross bar are obviously different, and the one I got looks like the 2" in the eBay listing above - where the rise looks similar in length to the length of the grip area (if that makes sense).

If I did end up with standard OEM bars, they'll be for sale and I'll be looking for 2" extended ones - and I'm open to any MFG. I just need the extra 2".

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has dimensions, or could measure their 2" handlebar lengths?

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
I have Cross Country bars on my Cross Roads, for more pull-back. When I get home from work, I will gladly measure them for you. Please let me know what part(s) of the bars you wish to have measured, so I get you exactly what you want. Just let me know in a PM.

By the way, the best source of aftermarket bars for the Cross Country, IMHO, is Heavy Metal Designz -- web site: www.hmd520.com. A little spendy, but Mike the owner/designer is a pleasure to work with. He does some fantastic custom work on the Cross bikes.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, looks like there are 3 sizes of similar bars for XR and XC/T's. There's the shortest ones as the stock XR bars. Then there's the shortest on the XC/XCT, which many XR riders use to swap out as extended bars for their ride. And lastly there's the 2" extended bars for the XC/XCT. Below is a pic of the stock XR and the longer stock XC/XCT bars.

I've yet to see measurements or comparison pics for the 2" extended bars for the XC/XCT, but it is a completely different part #:
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Victory/pages/detail.aspx?ItemID=2...
Thanks to Woodswoman for assisting in confirming measurements with pics and such.

So the used bars I thought were the extended 2" bars are now up for sale. Except for the grip glue residue they're in great shape. They're great for XR riders to get 2-3" extended or replacement for an XC/XCT rider in need. May be useful on other rides as well, though I can't confirm that. I'll create another post for the sale, unless you're interested and contact me. Will be asking $195 which includes shipping.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts